Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front left and right struts for a 2000 Ford Taurus. Does the same strut fit both sides or do I need a left and a right. I bought 2 front struts form Amazon seller MOCA and their the same. I dont think it's the right part. Can someone please help me? Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think the difference between a left and a right strut (in struts where there IS a difference) is in the bracket welded onto the strut where the stabilizer bar link is attached. The nuts to tighten the link might be a bit more difficult to reach. For example, this strut

Strut-Assembled.jpg

is used on the left side, because the bracket is to the inside and the link points to the rear. Exactly the same strut can be used on the right side, but then the link is on the other side of the bracket and so especially the inner nut is easier to reach. I thought a KYB strut has a left and a right version, where the bracket on the left strut is the mirror image of the one at the right.

But it is a minor issue. You can use one strut on both sides.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Hope this works, if not my post in "Solution to Common....."
-chart-

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
On my '99s both front and rear struts have the same p/n from factory, I replaced them with Monroe OE Spectrum units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts