Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thanks for your interest in helping me.
My engine is constantly running rough. It started yesterday and it won't go away. I added Lucas solution to clean any build up of carbon yesterday and a little more today. Didn't seem to do anything. I initially noticed this problem months ago- it would only happen when it rained then the car was really boggy on start up but would go away. Now the problem is constant.

Its a 2002 ford taurus ses dohc duratec 3.0 engine. About 3 years ago I changed the plugs and wires and crossed the wires. The converters became red hot and I'm not sure of the damage I did to them. I managed to remove the platinum from one of the converters because of possible clog. It helped.

I recently took my car to pep boys for computer analysis:
1. O2 sensor heater control circuit
2. P1400- egr circuit- low input
3. p1401- egr circuit- high input
4. p0155- heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1

I'm assuming it stems from electrical, but I'm not about to waste money on o2 sensors. I've tried to replaced and with no help in the past.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Ok, for starters, your O2 sensors are overdue anyway, replace both upstream sensors.

Secondly, the car may not run right without the converters intact and working. Plan on replacing them. The EGR codes could be due to either a missing or a plugged cat, but could also be a bad DPFE.

For future reference, replace plug wires one at a time to prevent them for getting crossed. Also, when you start the car up and it is apparent that the car is not running right, don't drive it until you get the issue figured out. Two crossed wires would run like total crap.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Yeah, O2s lifespan should be around 100,000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts