Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a new compressor on my 95 3.8, doing it all like I should and not ruching things but I have a problem. I can't find the darn orifice tube and everyone I ask doesn't know either. If anyone knows where this stupid little thing is so I can replace it please let me know. I do know it is supposed to be in the liquid line somewhere but I still can't find it. New compressor went in smooth but I'm not going to try to use it untill I get all the steps done.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
411 Posts
On Fords, they are by the evaporator in the liquid line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JJ57! Now this brings up another question. I was going to change the evaporator also and noticed the lines attached to it do not seem to be removable. I'm familiar with the spring clip hose attachments but they seem to be built right in. When I buy the new evaporator do these hoses come with it? And if the liquid line is attached (not removable) does it have the new orifice tube already installed?

When my compressor first went out it was barely turning and making horrible noises as the clutch was burning trying to turn it. I stopped using it right away. When I took it off it had zero oil in it to my surprise. I inspected it though found no signs of black death but don't want to take chances. Bought a new one (not rebuilt) with oil in it and installed it. I was just going to flush the lines but guess I can't if the orifice tube is built in. I'm also going to just replace the condensor as I hear flushing doesn't always get the job done.

This is just some more info in case it's needed of if someone has something they want to add so I get this done right. As said I'm not going to charge the system until work is done and done right.

Thanks,
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts