Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i figured id just show off what i did today, simply cleaned the crap off my lower valence and taped it off and sprayed 3 coats of plastidip with basically no prep work at all. THIS STUFF ROCKS! check out the finished product:

sorry the wheels arent clean, im gunna take some more pics tomorrow

also went back to stock headlights until i can get new projectors (high beam solenoids fried on my morimoto h1s)

I also spray the grille with it several weeks ago and is holding up much better than regular paint, last summer i scuffed, sanded, spray 3 coats of black and 2 clear and the grille had tons of small paint chips from rocks and whatever else.

what do you guys think? keep in mind its completely removable like vinyl so go grab a can at home depot for $6 and try out some ideas!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Looks great with the grille.

So this is a spray-on substance that dries so you can peel it off, but it doesn't bond? Sounds cool. Might have to look into this stuff. Is it like the stuff you dip tool handles into (pliers) to replace the rubber grips?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Dang...Bobby, that really looks good. I like it. Nice work! Looks like a Sport model Sable or something.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I did plastidip on the bumper and grill on my Mazda years ago. Looked great, but unfortunately didn't last long. The plastidip does not react well in the sun. I'm sure they is a cheap way to overcome that though, maybe a flexible clearcoat that will keep it from oxidizing. Looks great though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts