Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Talking to administrators over on TSOC, they have done them in Detroit in the past. It's kind of a middle ground between NY and the midwest. I don't really want to drive all the way to Syracuse, but will if I have to.

+1 on the track day....

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I wanna take my sho on a track so anyone knows about a track to use and even for the meet post it here

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You can just google it lol!

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I'm down as long it's in Detroit. I only have weekends free. Maybe a paid time off on a Friday...But my top choices would be Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis. :)

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
I'm down as long it's in Detroit. I only have weekends free. Maybe a paid time off on a Friday...But my top choices would be Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis. :)
I can do a Chicago, Detroit, Indy, or even a St. Louis type of area.

I would think any general, Midwest type of location would be best for all involved.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There's no place better than the Motor City!

Maybe we could get Ford to give us a go around the proving grounds. (Yeah, right.)

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
There's no place better than the Motor City!

Maybe we could get Ford to give us a go around the proving grounds. (Yeah, right.)
Well no way in hell, but that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
any solid ideas yet? the sooner the better. id rather have something saved up so i dont have to sleep in the car LOL

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Well nothing solid quite yet. I will letchya know if plans are made!

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Reviving this. I REALLY want to get a meet together. To those in the Northeast, the NY state fair is really a great time for a meet. I just want to do something! Or a summer day trip, weekend trip.. something! Any ideas folks? Watkins Glen (danhasenauer's idea) would be awesome. I'd be down for a Niagara falls meet too!

Ideas?? :)

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I think Niagra falls would be cool. 13 hour drive for me though. Quite long!!

I want to do a weekend trip this summer. Within 500 miles of you, Paul.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts

·
Administrator
14,352 Posts
I think Niagra falls would be cool. 13 hour drive for me though. Quite long!!

I want to do a weekend trip this summer. Within 500 miles of you, Paul.

You haven't lived until you drove 24 hours and 1350 miles in a box truck from La Vista, NE to Prospect Park, NJ.......... (I hope you can pick up on the scarcasm :rolleyes2:). Although I was able to do 1250 miles in 18.5 hours in my old 92GL after I bought it and drove it home from FL. And I did that when I was your age.

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
John, I can't drive long distances by myself. 4 hour max. I can't stay awake! Give me an hour to recover and I can go another 4.

Road trip does sound nice though. Would like to stay within 500 miles if at all possible.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I already said Chicago, Detroit, or Indy. But what about Toledo or Cincinnati, Ohio?

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
There will be 2 weeks in May that I will have to myself. I want to definitely do something this year. Looking back on past ROTB, these things look so cool. We have a great forum here, but it is lacking the meets there once were.

41 - 60 of 211 Posts