Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about buying two pairs of these off a friend for dirt cheap, but I want to know if they are any good or not. He doesn’t have them hooked up so I haven’t got a chance to hear them, but they're in brand new condition. Any of you guys or gals have any experience with these? Are they at the very least an improvement over factory? I have a factory head so I doubt they'd make that much of a difference but if they're any good I’ll give them a try.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Just about anything is better than stock speakers.

I haven't heard that model of pioneer speaker before, but pioneer is a good brand. If it's such a good deal, I would buy them and try them out. If you really don't like them, you can always ebay them and recoup your money.

BTW, upgrading speakers will make a difference, even with the stock HU. The efficiency of aftermarket speakers is better, so they sound louder at the same volume setting on the HU. They also have a better frequency response, so they sound better at all frequencies. Clearer in general.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Jul 18 2004, 10:38 PM
Just about anything is better than stock speakers.

I haven't heard that model of pioneer speaker before, but pioneer is a good brand. If it's such a good deal, I would buy them and try them out. If you really don't like them, you can always ebay them and recoup your money.

BTW, upgrading speakers will make a difference, even with the stock HU. The efficiency of aftermarket speakers is better, so they sound louder at the same volume setting on the HU. They also have a better frequency response, so they sound better at all frequencies. Clearer in general.
Not all aftermarket speakers have better efficiency than stock speakers, some aftermarket speakers are made to be pushed with an amplifier.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
they still have larger magnets and will push more sound with the same power.

Do you have any examples of decent aftermarket speakers that aren't as efficient as the stock ones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts