Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the bending to get the lines to work with the supercoupe lower fatigued the metal, and after 2 years it developed a little leak right in the middle of the "Y", obviously thats a problem.

I tried the local junkyards to see if i could grab a new Y and be more careful in bending this one, but all i could find were pumps with two seperate lines coming out (instead of one that spilts into two like the one i have) - Frustration :)

Anyway do they even sell that Y piece seperate? I'm REALLY not looking forward to pulling the engine again just to swap in a new pump, i'd rather just change the worn part.

Think I can get this sperate?

Classifieds Link : http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3203

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Worst paintbrush picture ever!! J/k

Wouldnt you be able to find a Y pipe like that in a garden supply store or pluming store?

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm I'll look into that, I'm not so sure its going to work since it has these o-rings and a hold down bolt to secure it to the WP body. We'll see though.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and dont hate on the masterpiece

·
Registered
148 Posts
you got a pic of it right here

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol thanks man :)

You can clearly see the piece i'm talking about on there, it actually detaches from the the pump body. All i need is a new one of those.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Sorry, i have nothing to add, i just wanted to say that that's the funniest mspaint picture i've ever seen
It looks like intestines or a stomach or something

1 - 7 of 7 Posts