Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I am going on a trip this weekend so I quickly bought an X3 with the X3-FRDW harness adapter. I recieve it today and try to hook it up to the MACH RCU that I have and none of the connections are the right size. So I dig deeper and apparently that harness is only for the cars with factory cd changer? I did not realize this and was wondering if I am missing something or if there is another type of harness that I can get or do I need to return the X3 and go with something else.

Please help!

Thanks all in advance

Joel

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You'll need a CD changer, it's magazine (w/at least 1 disc loaded) and the CD changer able to make the X3 unit function. It runs in-line with the changer and interrupts the signal coming out of the Changer with whatever input you have connected.

If you wanted to run a PIE unit that uses the CD changer port (thus means you cannot hook up a CD changer), this is what you should get: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdraux.html

·
Registered
190 Posts
I didn't see the CD connector, but it was taped up to the upright that the power antenna bolts to. Then I had to get a replacement dash control panel that supports CDs.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I got the PIE X3, I just need to run longer wires to the passenger compartment so I can use it... I am so lazy :(

I was kinda hoping to remove the CD Changer, but I am stuck with it, but other than that, it seems nice :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts