Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are, picture of my incredibly slow progress.

Over the past few days I went to TeH BoB's to rip apart my 'tour and get the ball rolling on my 5-speed swap. I managed to stip the 'Tour of its subframe and all the other crap I wanted from it.

Next I took the heads/cams and transmission off the engine. Hoping someone will buy the heads!

Im Left with the below parts for my swap:

MTX-75 Tranny
Transmission Cover/Adapter
SVT Flywheel
L&R Driveaxles
Jackshaft/Bearing
Shifer
Shift Cables
E-Brake Handle
Spare Motor Mounts

And a big ass mess on the floor (yes kitty litter is all over ot soak it up).

I found that the SVT died and was donated to "science" because it blew a headgasket....im sure if the previous owners knew that, the would not have trashed it!

The first sign of this was the coolent that came out when i was draining the oil.....(its not suppost to do that)

Anyways...here they are!

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
we should do a poll and see what Bobs neighbors think of him...nice lawn ornament!

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I thought the SVT tour had a 6 speed?

G

·
My neighbors could care less, the shop is nowhere near the house. :lol: It's nice too, because it's tucked away at the bottom of a hill, off to the side. Pretty secure, plus there's other car shops there as well.

Joe, IIRC only the Mondeo had the 6 speed.

I'd like to add too, that I was surprised as hell to come home Sunday night to see that Brad had moved the car inside, and dropped the SF by himself! He got a lot done in a couple days, and I don't think he fell off a car or accidentally fell asleep once! :banana: :D :p

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
That was low Bob :lol2: . Question; would the ECU recognize that you don't have a transmission (read 4-spd auto) any more? How do you plan to go around that...

·
Registered
284 Posts
they are probably going to use the ecu from the 'tour

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Originally posted by 93taurusSX@Aug 10 2004, 10:15 PM
That was low Bob :lol2: . Question; would the ECU recognize that you don't have a transmission (read 4-spd auto) any more? How do you plan to go around that...
I'm going to go with Teh Alberto! :lol2:

-mobiuslogic

G

·
As far as the PCM, yes it will throw codes and most likely not operate the engine correctly without the ATX. We could go two routes, according to Brad. One is to use the Contour PCM, reprogrammed for the Taurus. He said that would be a PITA though, and it's much easier to take the programming out of the PCM for the Taurus that relates to the ATX. Alberto will be providing programming for that, he and Brad have had discussions about it already.

I'm not sure what ever happened to that resistor idea, but I think the plan is to have the PCM reprogrammed. I dunno, he's the brains of the electronic part of the operation, I'm just the knuckle scraping gorrilla with the torch and the welder. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the resistor method will work fine and the car will operate perfectly. But my check engine light will be on for a few things, like NO TRANSMISSION PRESENT!

So ill just have toes codes deleted, and the rev limiter taken up to 7k. Thats it!

Brad

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Ar you gonna get the LSD for the it??

Keep the heads and cams some one will eventualy buy them.
Their pretty far down on my list of things to do to my car but, eventualy it will be the next thing I want to do. And if you still have them, I'll take them.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I think we should all bow our heads and say a prayer for the Contour...She was a great car, from the SVT side of the Ford family of fine cars. Although she met her demise prematurely, she will live on through the parts she generously and unselfishly donated, which will continue to motor on through time, helping to bring about the re-birth of another automobile that was born with a terrible, terrible defect - that of the four-speed automatic variety...May the 'tour rest in peace...

Amen...

G

·
Originally posted by HokieSES@Aug 19 2004, 08:28 PM
I think we should all bow our heads and say a prayer for the Contour...She was a great car, from the SVT side of the Ford family of fine cars. Although she met her demise prematurely, she will live on through the parts she generously and unselfishly donated, which will continue to motor on through time, helping to bring about the re-birth of another automobile that was born with a terrible, terrible defect - that of the four-speed automatic variety...May the 'tour rest in peace...

Amen...
:lol:

In a few weeks, we'll be saying a prayer for our sanity I'm sure. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts