Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a C&L cold air intake a few months ago, and this past weekend, my neighbor powdercoated it for me in 80% gloss black. Because the tube has a rough finish to it, it's not uber smooth like you'd see on a standard aluminum pipe (this piece is cast, and is relatively thick). I also had him brush off the powder from the C&L logo to make it stand out a little bit more.

Let me know what you think. These are cell phone pictures, unfortunately, so if anyone wants a higher res picture, let me know.

[attachment=29580:CAI.JPG]

[attachment=29582:C_L_Logo.JPG]

JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
WAI!!!!

Haha, JK, i see that the hood seals it off =)

Looks nice man!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Midnight00SE @ May 19 2009, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726340
Looks good. When are you switching the TB?

PS... Jess was wondering when the 4 of us can go out for drinks now that she's legal.[/b]
I might do the TB, but I'd rather spend that $300 on headers.

We'll have to talk about getting together...we're busy every weekend until the middle or end of June, and I'm not going to make the Mass meet, so we'll have to come up with a time. You guys are more than welcome to come to Jersey, or we could come out to Hershey...

JR

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Where does it get the air from?

Mike
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. Personaly perfer closed airbox but thats just me. Hear much of a sound diference?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (GUN SHO @ May 20 2009, 11:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726620
Thats pretty sweet. Personaly perfer closed airbox but thats just me. Hear much of a sound diference?[/b]
There's definitely a sound difference. Besides that, the car, with the tuning is completely different. Throttle response at tip in is insanely better, and the car pulls hard across the RPM range in all gears.

JR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts