Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody have some pic of Taurus Burnout ? I prefer some gen2 pics.
And I just want to know if I put the E-brake and push the engine in the cutt off and then put on drive the car will move or not ?

·
Registered
790 Posts
in reverse? check the dark dark tire marks in front o teh car

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found this page, but its not a gen2 !

Burnout

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm scared I'll blow-up my transmission if I do, heh heh.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I use to do burnouts in my 2.5L Contour. All I did was pull the e-brake while my tires where in a little water and it would smoke them until I wanted to stop. It was an Auto, I wouldn't of needed the water if it would of been a manual.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:eek:

I think in reverse the car didnt move. probatly less than in the vid

·
Registered
746 Posts
i tried doing burnouts with my 03 tec this past weekend and coudnt get any good wheelspin. we wet the ground, put the e-brake on, and then punched the gas. we got some wheelspin, but not enough to get the tire smoking, it just kept dragging the ass end. i was pretty disapointed by the whole affair. i dont know whta the deal was though, because i know i have done better.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by hoss@Oct 25 2004, 02:30 PM
i tried doing burnouts with my 03 tec this past weekend and coudnt get any good wheelspin. we wet the ground, put the e-brake on, and then punched the gas. we got some wheelspin, but not enough to get the tire smoking, it just kept dragging the ass end. i was pretty disapointed by the whole affair. i dont know whta the deal was though, because i know i have done better.
Just out of curiousity, did you turn the traction control off? :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
i dont have the optional traction control. unless they built in an undefeatable TC in all 03 SEL's.

i think it may have been the surface i was on. we were doing the burnouts in my friends driveway, which since the concrete driveway isnt asphalt base doesent have the same petroleum derivatives in it. because i know that i have been able to get way more spinning on asphalt. like i said though, the wheel was spinning, just not enough to start smoking, and the rear end just wouldnt stay put. it did leave some good black lines though :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll try next summer with my vulcan afther changing all the rings (315 000km :eek: ) and bring my video camera, I hope it will smoke

·
Registered
959 Posts
1994GreenGL: I've done a couple minor burnouts, but I've never gotten pics... and just so ya know, my '93 is @ 315,000km, never been rebuilt... but I'm gonna be switching to a 3.0L SHO engine, if I can figure out the particulars for the ECM... I've got an ATX, and the 3.0L SHO engine was mated to a 5spd MTX...

*pout*

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I think I was the first to do a documented burnout with my silver '92 vulcan... (Thanks Jamal for posting that pic!)

I can barely squeal the tires in my '95 SE 3.8L.. DAMN HIGH ALTITUDE!! I'm moving back to Michigan!

Jeramie

·
Registered
959 Posts
Why does everybody keep talking about E-Brake burn outs in ATX's? Have any of you ever heard of a neutral drop?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
*cringes* if you want a tranny to last more than 1K you won't do many neutral drops... that's the worst thing you can do to it next to running without any tranny fluid.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
1 Neutral drop has the potential to take 10,000 miles of life off your transmission...That ads up, specially on the our ATX's....and the last time i did a burn out i was going in a circle...can we say GOODBYE to my new halfshaft i replaced 3,000 miles ago <_<

1 - 20 of 23 Posts