Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure how to start a new topic. Is posting a reply the same as a quick reply. Sorry to be so clumsy here but I still can't figure out where or how to post pictures. Thanks for trying to help.

Don't know how to drag and drop. Have nothing to drag so I can drop it.

Don't know how. I took the picture with my phone. I'm not stupid. I know how to email.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
This is from a PM I've sent to another member....

That uploader is a good tool to use if you have the files easily accessible. What you need to do is to minimize the site so it is not full screen and you can see your desktop in the background. Navigate to where you have the file you want to upload stored, then, with the "drag file here to attach" section visible on the site, left click and drag the file to that section on the site. It will show in a box while it's uploading. Once it finishes there will be a thumbnail image of whatever you uploaded, then click submit message(you have to have at least 3 characters in the reply box).

Another way to do it, which might be a little easier because you don't need to minimize the site to use it, is to upload from the advanced post options. In the site, click the "go advanced" button which will open the advanced post box. Under where you would click to submit the post there is a black separator bar that says "Additional Options". Click 'manage attachments' and it will open a box where you can navigate to where you have what you want to upload. You can upload multiple items. You can also see what you can upload and the maximum file size. Once they all are selected, click upload. Once that's done click close window and on the post you will be able to see what you uploaded. Then submit your reply(again, needs at least 3 characters to post reply).

It sounds more difficult than it really is. Once you do it once or twice, it will become easy to do.

Doing it from the AutoGuide app is different. In the topic you want post on click the + to the left of where it says "quick reply"(bottom left). It will open the reply window. Click the 3 button icon at the top right, click attach photo and follow where the picture is located on your phone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The photo uploading in this forum is archaic, and random. I like the forum but am probably going to quit. I can see images from Googling them, but A member cannot see any images, nor can I upload any. I have my own forum with 52,00 members. This VBulletin software feels like it has not been updated properly. A whole thread talking about Windows XP options. That is quite odd. I doubt many people still use XP. Also, I cannot "POST QUICK REPLY", I always have to go to "GO ADVANCED", and there are no options, No, "Bold", "Italics" etc., drag and drop produces at statement, in Bold letters, "Attached Thumbnail". What's the point of being a member when you see less than from Googling the forum Logged Out? Something is wrong here and you I.T. should ix it. __________________________ I figure another week, and I will just quit the forum and use it for reference purposes. Sad too, because it seems like there is a great bunch of people.

Attachments

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.