Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, since our first snow fall I've been admiring how GREAT my car looks in the snow with a white background... I was going to post these pics anyways, but I thought everyone else should post their pics too! Most of us are used to taking our pics in the summer right after a wax, but why not do it in winter too! Post your pics of your car clean, covered in snow, or burried in a drift; it doesn't really doesn't matter as long as it has something to do with winter!

If I wanted to be really lame I'd refer to these pictures as "Fire and Ice", but I'm not so I wont!!!

I hate to do this but I really don't want to post another thread.. BUT, does anyone disable their ABS in the winter when they get alot of snow? I HATE ABS brakes when there is alot of snow/ice on the road. Makes stopping at intersections very dangerous!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
do sables count? right after a car wash it was almost 40 that day!!

and parked really close to the garbage can lol

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, sorry I should have been more general... Sables are always welcome!!

My old G2 in the snow (about 10 years ago)

And more recently:

(Someone drew a part of the male anatomy on my trunk lid that day, so I won't show the reverse side! :p)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wish we would get some snow around here... :dunno:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't taken any this year so I'll just post some older pics

My '91 SHO last winter:

[/b]
Lolz...

Is there anything better than a just washed car when it is like 20 degrees F and snow cover on the roads? The paint just really pops against the white background I find.

·
Registered
971 Posts
This was last year, the last winter i had the ol' 95

i dont have any snow pics of the new(er) car though...

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts

I hate snow, it's too cold... Pictures are old, have yet to get some pics with my DSLR and my car with snow.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hate snow, it's too cold... Pictures are old, have yet to get some pics with my DSLR and my car with snow.
[/b]
If I had to park my car like that sandwiched in with a million others an inch from a brick wall, I think I'd have a heart attack...

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
If I had to park my car like that sandwiched in with a million others an inch from a brick wall, I think I'd have a heart attack...
[/b][/quote]

Brick wall is our house
My parents park on the right side, my brother and I park on the left side. My parents have never hit my car...

my brother however, has many times, and the bumper has the same exact scratches that my Contour GL had, that apparently he never did. Kind of upsets me since I bought the car with 0 Scratches (I was very sure since I did a detailed check before I bought it...)

Still denies the fact he hits it. Ever since I installed my alarm, he parks at least a foot away now... (even though it isn't fully installed :p )

But, that's the downside of a small driveway. Hopefully when I move to NC, I get myself a place with a garage to keep her inside when not being driven. Make sure the garage is climate controlled and well insulated too.

Edit: 1000th Post :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Brick wall is our house
My parents park on the right side, my brother and I park on the left side. My parents have never hit my car...

my brother however, has many times, and the bumper has the same exact scratches that my Contour GL had, that apparently he never did. Kind of upsets me since I bought the car with 0 Scratches (I was very sure since I did a detailed check before I bought it...)

Still denies the fact he hits it. Ever since I installed my alarm, he parks at least a foot away now... (even though it isn't fully installed :p )

But, that's the downside of a small driveway. Hopefully when I move to NC, I get myself a place with a garage to keep her inside when not being driven. Make sure the garage is climate controlled and well insulated too.

Edit: 1000th Post :D
[/b][/quote]

Make him park in the front!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts