Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem, 98 Taurus SE....damn electrical tape. After trying every possible combination I called the local Ford dealer and was quoted $39.00 with no appoitment needed. Took them all of 10 minutes and only charged me $19.00. And bonus, if I ever lose the code again, they keep it in thier "sysytem".

Nice to actually get a break from a dealer. :mj_banana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (ryancornell @ Jun 29 2004, 06:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72351
Here is where I found my keypad code on my 97 taurus 3.0 dohc VIN S
The pic is from the drivers side floor above the accelerator and brake pedals.It was on a white sticker on the right side of the gray computer circled in pic. I had to get a flashlight and tilt it to the left to read it.
Hope this helps somebody!

[/b]
Thank You very much. I used a flaslight and dental mirror and was able to get it. You saved me some bucks. Thanks, Kathie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new here to the site. Great site by the way. I'm wondering if this is the same for a 1999 Taurus SHO?
Wife's car and didn't have code when she bought it and she locked keys in trunk Christmas shopping. I came with spare key and unlocked it; good thing she found them as my key only opens door and won't start it.
Thanks, Marty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (ryancornell @ Jun 29 2004, 07:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72351
Here is where I found my keypad code on my 97 taurus 3.0 dohc VIN S
The pic is from the drivers side floor above the accelerator and brake pedals.It was on a white sticker on the right side of the gray computer circled in pic. I had to get a flashlight and tilt it to the left to read it.
Hope this helps somebody!

[/b]
this was very helpful, thank you very much!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I could only use a camera to get that sticker number on my '97. No way could I use a mirror. But I was glad to finally get the keypad code!

<div align='center'>[attachment=33008:Keypad_96_99.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
I know in the gen4's you don't need a new door handle if you have keyless entry (the fob the unlocks and locks the doors). They sell the keypad that just sticks to the door and works the same way. I ALMOST got a free one...

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
You can use that on 98 and up's too. Same rolling code technique.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[attachment=33211:computer_module.jpg]

So from what I understand, on a '97 taurus, the keypad code is located on this sticker? Or is it somewhere else on the computer module?

edit: I did find a five digit code in big numbers on the white label but when I tried to use them they did not unlock the doors. Maybe I found the wrong numbers. However, I did pull the fuse that had my dome lights automatically turn on when the doors are registered as being "ajar" because my sensors are not registering them as shut all the time. I do not know if this would affect the keypad unlocking the doors though.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
another stupid question, but I cannot find the code to the taurus I just puchased. Its a 2003 Sel. not on the side of the fuse box, like the picture online shows....any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
It's on the BACK of the fusebox. As it states in the guide. The side of the box is where it is on 04-7.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts