Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is where I found my keypad code on my 97 taurus 3.0 dohc VIN S
The pic is from the drivers side floor above the accelerator and brake pedals.It was on a white sticker on the right side of the gray computer circled in pic. I had to get a flashlight and tilt it to the left to read it.
Hope this helps somebody!
http://onfinite.com/libraries/716523/album/540/405/6a0.jpg' alt='' width='540' height='405' class='attach' />[/url]
[url=http://onfinite.com/libraries/716524/album/540/405/6a0.jpg][img]http://onfinite.com/libraries/716524/album/540/405/6a0.jpg' alt='' width='540' height='405' class='attach' />[/url]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, that seems like a nice easy place to locate it if you ever loose the card. Another smart guy thought of that one. I liked it better in the trunk. Except the my Gen4 doesn't have that computer there.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
back when i got my car the guy didnit know the code, os i came on here and found out its location..mine had black electrical tape around the fusebox (i dont know why) and when i peeled it off to see the last 2 digits in my code it ruined the code... fortunately im an excellent guesser, guessed it after only a few tries :)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What does each relay go to in the relay box next to the keyless entry module?

·
Registered
154 Posts
i work at Avis and we sometimes get this from the customer, "what is the key code for the door"? It comes in handy when they lock their keys in their rental car.

Weird though, we have A LOT of tauruses, and some are badged as a SEL but are really somewhat basic. For example, 2005 SEL, wood trim, power everything, keyless, but no leather, no sunroof. They do have the puddle lamps on the mirrors though.

Does anyone know how I could add puddle lamps to my 93? i might need a new mirror anyway. I really like this feature, it is really nice.

Oh ya, and idk how many of you drive the vics/grand margues, but they are nice. Although I was so amazaed on how much bigger they drive. but man that V8, 4.6, holy crap does that got power!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Originally posted by timmy_435@Apr 27 2005, 09:34 AM
Oh ya, and idk how many of you drive the vics/grand margues, but they are nice. Although I was so amazaed on how much bigger they drive. but man that V8, 4.6, holy crap does that got power!
My parents have a '96 Grand Marquis and I wouldn't say that the V8 in that car is particularly livelier than the Duratec in a Taurus. Granted, it doesn't hurt that the car is RWD.

·
Registered
154 Posts
[/QUOTE]My parents have a '96 Grand Marquis and I wouldn't say that the V8 in that car is particularly livelier than the Duratec in a Taurus. Granted, it doesn't hurt that the car is RWD.
The engines were retuned in 2000, and have much more noticable power now. Also, the ones im driving have only about 4,000 miles on them, I know that helps too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I erased the pics and forgot to save them on my computer. I will try to get some more pics to put back up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pics are back up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by 93taurus3.8@Dec 12 2005, 03:46 PM
WE like pics.
Thanks for share your experience and GREAT pics.
:banana: :chili:
No problem. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by timmy_435@Apr 27 2005, 10:34 AM
i work at Avis and we sometimes get this from the customer, "what is the key code for the door"? It comes in handy when they lock their keys in their rental car.

Weird though, we have A LOT of tauruses, and some are badged as a SEL but are really somewhat basic. For example, 2005 SEL, wood trim, power everything, keyless, but no leather, no sunroof. They do have the puddle lamps on the mirrors though.

Does anyone know how I could add puddle lamps to my 93? i might need a new mirror anyway. I really like this feature, it is really nice.

I drive a 2005 Grand Marquis and it's awesome. Command of the road with it for sure. A very safe car to drive, traction control is great and definitely has respect from law enforcement as many law enforcement folks drive them too :)

On the puddle lamps it would be possible to install but I am not sure whether the 93 had that feature so a mirror enclosure with it could be ordered, if not you would have to cut out the hole and install the hardware. Run the wires through the existing channels in the mirrors and doors to the wiring for the door opening lighting function as you would likely only want the puddle lights on whenever a door is opened and/or whenever the remote door unlocker/locker is used.

G

·
Originally posted by kms250+Dec 16 2005, 07:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kms250 @ Dec 16 2005, 07:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-timmy_435@Apr 27 2005, 10:34 AM
i work at Avis and we sometimes get this from the customer, "what is the key code for the door"?  It comes in handy when they lock their keys in their rental car. 

Weird though, we have A LOT of tauruses, and some are badged as a SEL but are really somewhat basic.  For example, 2005 SEL, wood trim, power everything, keyless, but no leather, no sunroof.  They do have the puddle lamps on the mirrors though.

Does anyone know how I could add puddle lamps to my 93?  i might need a new mirror anyway.  I really like this feature, it is really nice.

Oh ya, and idk how many of you drive the vics/grand margues, but they are nice.  Although I was so amazaed on how much bigger they drive.  but man that V8, 4.6, holy crap does that got power!
I drive a 2005 Grand Marquis and it's awesome. Command of the road with it for sure. A very safe car to drive, traction control is great and definitely has respect from law enforcement as many law enforcement folks drive them too :)

On the puddle lamps it would be possible to install but I am not sure whether the 93 had that feature so a mirror enclosure with it could be ordered, if not you would have to cut out the hole and install the hardware. Run the wires through the existing channels in the mirrors and doors to the wiring for the door opening lighting function as you would likely only want the puddle lights on whenever a door is opened and/or whenever the remote door unlocker/locker is used. [/b][/quote]
This is off-topic - but...

Welcome back Chris - glad to hear from you! :)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Hey, I have this box and I have a code. But my Taurus is the Australian one and they never came with keypads. If I were to buy the handle with the keypad and put it on my car where would I wire the keypad to?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I believe the handle is for the left (as view from the top with the front facing the top) side front door only. It won't fit in the right side front door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Im from norway and have got me a car from Texas and i am missing the code to the keypad.
Someone who can help me? the car is an Taurus 3,8 lx 1993.

Pleas help me :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you! I found mine in the same location. Of course it had the black electrical tape on it, and it peeled off, but with a little patience and a hair dryer, I was able to peel the paper off the tape and get the last three digits.

Now I used a marker to put it on the bottom of that gray box in case I forget it :blush:

This will be so handy for when I lock my keys in the car, not that I would ever do that :rolleyes2: ...........

1 - 20 of 30 Posts