Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'd like to thank all those people who contributed to my "help me pick out a minivan" thread a while back. Here's the results :) a Silver Metallic 2004 Mazda MPV LX:
MPV Side
MPV Back
MPV Backseat
Interior
Duratec POWAH!!!
MPV Side

So far I really like it :) The interior is really nice even if its the "base" model (power everything, 6 speaker CD radio, slide by side and dissapearing seat config, etc.). There seems to be tons of little storage spaces in this thing - I just found out there's a drawer under the front passenger seat this morning =o) . The exterior looks every sporty IMO, way better than the other cookie cutter minivans out there. Check out the OEM Discoball headlights and Alteza tail-lights! :p .

It also drives like a car - aside from the higher POV, you could hardly feel the extra girth and weight of this thing. Although the ride is slightly stiffer than what I expected from a minivan. The pickup on the 3.0 Mazda-ized 'tec is great, even for a 3800 lb van - where as my 3.8 bull would slam you to the seat from the stop, and weeze out at around 4k, I notice there isn't much punch at around 1-2.5k - but once it goes past 3k, WOAH :banana: . The 5 spd JATCO auto is really nice as well - very quick (dare say "sporty") 1-2 shifts.

Moreover, I found a great little community of MPV owners over at mpvclub.com . They aren't as pioneering in terms of performance and aesthetic mods as over here in TCCA (although some of the MPV Gen1 owners are doing stuff involving JDM MPV engine swaps, 929 engine swaps, etc), but they are really great and supportive of each other.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Congrats, looks like you picked up a nice van. The MPV is very stylish and practical.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts