Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics I took of the 98 SE the day it's leaving for the new, happy owner.

Stats:

White Exterior
Gray Interior
3.0L Vulcan V6
113k miles
16" Gen 4 rims
Gen 4 Exterior Mirrors
SHO Front Brake Upgrade
Silverstar Headlights
LED Taillights in Rear Reflectors
Gen 4 Rear Seat
D.R.L.
4-Wheel Disc
ABS

Problems:
Replaced O2 sensor
Replaced Sticking Rear Caliper
Replaced Transmission
Total cost of repairs: $585.00

It was a good car and treated me well. Here are the pics :( Feel free to comment.

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
#2 The headlights really aren't cloudy. I guess it's because the Daytime lights were on it made them look yellow. :lol2:

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interior. Last picture. Bye, dear car. You will be missed. B)

Attachments

G

·
Sorry to see it go, that was a nice car. :) I don't know how you go through so many of them though! :lol: Do you still have your Expedition??

nevermind - I see the expy in your sig. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Man, If I was not married, I would be swapping cars left and right too.

Your SHO is cool, I am sure you will only miss her for a short time.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid big $$$ for the Expedition because of the low miles and fully loaded. Around here even a high milage Expedition (97) goes for 16k. I paid cash for it so it is NOT going anywhere for awhile. It would be financially dumb to do that. PLUS...now I am super broke. :lol: It's a fine vehicle and I love it.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Sorry about the SE, but you have a SHO now. No need to bother with tiny little pushrod engines. You've got a (bigger) DOHC engine and a gigantic pushrod V-8. I'm assuming you have the 5.4L Triton, right?

JR

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it's the 5.4L Triton V8. I think that it's SOHC though. I'm not even sure. :lol2: I'll have to go look at the intake cover It says on there I believe.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
You're right...5.4 Liter SOHC V8...http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/owners_reports/1997/1/or_ford_f150/print.phtml

I think that's still only a 2-valve per cylinder engine. The new Triton is SOHC with 3-valves per cylinder. That think hauls so much ass, it needs to make two trips. My parents had a 1999 Expedition, Eddie Bauer edition. That thing moved! It was every bit as fast as my Taurus. I used to love driving that thing. It's too bad she traded it for a 2004 V6 Mustang.

JR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts