Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my first post, even though I've been a member for almost 4 years... Over those four years I've done a few mods:
-Centennial Headlights
-Silver Star Bulbs
-Centennial Taillights
-Custom Fog Lights
-Razzi Spoiler
-Custom Dual Exhaust
-Custom Chin Spoiler
-Chrome Gauge Ring Bezel

My next mod would be suspension (springs and struts) and rims (17" or 18"). I would like the ride to close to stock, but tighter around cornering. And with the rims, not sure about the width; I just don't want it to stick out too far from the fender... Any suggestions?

And here's the car!!!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That is a awesome looking SEL. Wow, I like what you've done with the car. Those Centennial lamps work well with that shade of white. Where did you get that plate frame? Any pics of how the exhaust is done under the car?

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Nice, clean car!! :thumb:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Car looks awesome! What did you make the custom chin spoiler from?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks! The plate frames are from the local Ford dealer, the custom chin spoiler is made from double sided tape and i believe (it's been almost 4 years since I've done it) a garage door bottom seal. Here are some pictures of my exhaust setup:

Here is also a "close up" of the license plate frame:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Looks like the underside of my 2000 SEL, rust free...minus that exhaust setup. Wow they did some nice work. However, that fuel line and evap line look like they are in very close proximity...or is the picture a bit deceiving?

·
Registered
76 Posts
where did you get the plate frame and those mats , and damn i wish we up here in the rust belt could keep our underside that clean

·
Registered
76 Posts
i love those wheels and gen 4 sel with those wheels and that thing is so clean liek the day it rolled of the assembly line awesome car man

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Fantastic looking car! All the hard work you put into it really shows!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I usually hate white cars of any kind. However, your Taurus looks amazing. What exhaust set up do you have? Looks awesome. I am trying to get some duals put on mine. I don't want a raspy, ricer sound though. Good job all around

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again! Well, the plates and the floor mats are from the local Ford dealer. The exhaust setup is a Magnaflow exhaust connected with a Y-pipe setup that leads to 3.5 inch exhaust tips with hangers. It also has a couple resonators on it because I thought it was too loud. And what I like about it is that it has low growl to it, and no ricer sound. Also, the exhaust isn't too close to the fuel line and evap line. The underside is clean because in Southern California B), we don't get snow, maybe every 5 years, in which even that doesn't even stay on the ground. I do try to clean it up every chance I can get. LOL
And forgot to post pics of the chrome ringed gauge bezels:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
WOW I have never seen those chrome rings installed in a car before, just on eBay. Wow. They don't look bad at all! Nor does the car look like it has 126K miles.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Sexy! Love those pipes! Can't wait to hear some audio!

And would you look at that mileage. Here in New England we can only dream of a car staying that nice with that many miles on it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts