Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ash! :D I definitely think they look better than the other rims I was about the get, and even better, I didn't have to pay $90 to get them here :huh:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SSC Performance Type 28 Rims, 17" Chrome
Got them at Sears, along with the tires, price matched from tirerack.com :D

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
That looks sweet! :cool_shades:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!
The Price altogether came to ~$965, this includes the 4 rims, 4 brand new tires, wheel lugs and locks, mounting and balancing, and all included taxes and fess.

Again, rims are SSC Performance type 28's, and the Tires are Sumitomo HTR+ 215/50/R17

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
:boink: Very nice! Looks real good. Time for some springs! :coolgleam:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jul 28 2004, 09:11 AM
:boink: Very nice! Looks real good. Time for some springs! :coolgleam:
Yea, definitely springs. I'm thinkin Eibachs, but im not sure if its a good idea to run them on the stock struts.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
It's also time to paint them calipers. Gotta make 'em look nice for the world to see.

And as you said, it's not a good idea to run eibachs on stock struts. They'll get worn out much quicker than normal. From what I hear on SHOForum, lots of the SHO guys like to use Konis or Tokicos.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0@Jul 28 2004, 02:40 PM
It's also time to paint them calipers. Gotta make 'em look nice for the world to see.

And as you said, it's not a good idea to run eibachs on stock struts. They'll get worn out much quicker than normal. From what I hear on SHOForum, lots of the SHO guys like to use Konis or Tokicos.
Definitely time to paint, and the rear drums too.. ::Shutters:: either that or time for a disc conversion!!

I'm thinking the Tokicos along with the Eibachs, now its just time to think money... a problem for me lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts