Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i picked up my free 97 Sable gs wagon on sunday.

still not completely done with the cleanup, but the majority is done and can be presented to the public now :lol2:

getting the keys from my very generous Grandmother

ive got some leaking Transmission fluid if i drive for an extended (longer than 20 minute). the longer i drive, the worse the leak is. i suspect it is the Front tranny seal, it is leaking from the bellhousing area. i have a friend working at the local Mercury dealer who is gonna have the Transmission tech take a look at it for me as a side job.

here is a photoshop that i did. if i keep this car, it will look like this

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Nice car. Good luck getting those Mustang wheels to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Welcome to the wagon club..... Tint out those back windows as dark as you can go. The law for tint doesnt cover the rear windows and the gate window can go darker also because its like a truck rear window in the eyes of the law. I even took out my inside rear view mirror, becasue my gate window is so dark I never looked out th mirror. As long as you have the outside mirrors, your legal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have been thinking of tint. i work at a car wash and we have a window tint company working out of our location. they quoted me $120 for all windows, any percentage i wanted with a lifetime warranty.

honestly, i am trying to sell the car for another mustang. im 19 years old and a FWD wagon isnt my ideal car. so im trying to fix it up a bit on a budget and resell. i got it for free so any money made is profit, other than the money put into it for repairs/maintenance

but since i have been driving it for a week so far, i can definitely appreciate the reliabilty and functionality as a daily driver.

great car no doubt about it, just not my cup of tea at this stage in my life

1 - 5 of 5 Posts