Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

PI Sedan console (opposite of normal)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bradenk 
#1 ·
I need some information regarding console swaps, and I'm apparently a unique unicorn in the Taurus world. Unlike a lot of people who bought a PIS for the discount-SHO experience and want to install a retail market console, I want to do the exact opposite. I bought an SEL, but I have an actual need of having multiple two-way radios and equipment, with nowhere to put them.

I would like to convert my SEL's dash and console to that of a PIS. I take it this would mean going full junkyard, and obtaining a full PIS dashboard, column shifter, and making modifications to put any body modules and such into the dash, instead of in the console (because I'm certain they are there), relocating the USB and Aux ports to the passenger dash pocket, and all that good stuff.

My question is - Is this even possible in a plug-and-play sense? Are the connectors the same? Are the cables the same? Are the modules the same? Can a shifter even be swapped? Has anyone who has done the reverse of this process made notation?

#3 ·
Did you ever find any info on this swap?? I’m looking to do the same on my 15 pi with a SHO parts car. Message me if you’d like! Thanks

QUOTE="RandomHero203, post: 3470830, member: 153650"]
I need some information regarding console swaps, and I'm apparently a unique unicorn in the Taurus world. Unlike a lot of people who bought a PIS for the discount-SHO experience and want to install a retail market console, I want to do the exact opposite. I bought an SEL, but I have an actual need of having multiple two-way radios and equipment, with nowhere to put them.

I would like to convert my SEL's dash and console to that of a PIS. I take it this would mean going full junkyard, and obtaining a full PIS dashboard, column shifter, and making modifications to put any body modules and such into the dash, instead of in the console (because I'm certain they are there), relocating the USB and Aux ports to the passenger dash pocket, and all that good stuff.

My question is - Is this even possible in a plug-and-play sense? Are the connectors the same? Are the cables the same? Are the modules the same? Can a shifter even be swapped? Has anyone who has done the reverse of this process made notation?
[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.