Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to photoshop and trying to learn how to use it to modify pics of my car, anyone got some tips that they wanna share with me?

i really wanna learn the best way to put rims on the car, lower the car, shade head/tail lights, and a few other simple things, i already figured out how to shave stuff off the car(kind of).

here is the first work that i did, shaved the handles.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
The best tip i can give you is learn how to mask things very well...

·
Banned
41 Posts
Originally posted by hoss+Feb 24 2004, 05:08 PM-->QUOTE (hoss @ Feb 24 2004, 05:08 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-TaurusLover01
@Feb 24 2004, 06:07 PM
not bad... Mercury Taurus 
???

the only thing i did was shave the door handles [/b]
I mean the wheels... Mercury or Lincoln wheels

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Ryne's #1 tip: patience

only took about 10 minutes of actual work, but here's a before/after kinda deal.... the left side is all fixed up to hide any gaps and whatnot, and the right side is left raw. I also took care of your shadow

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by TaurusLover01+Feb 24 2004, 06:09 PM-->QUOTE (TaurusLover01 @ Feb 24 2004, 06:09 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2004, 05:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TaurusLover01
@Feb 24 2004, 06:07 PM
not bad... Mercury Taurus 

???

the only thing i did was shave the door handles
I mean the wheels... Mercury or Lincoln wheels [/b]
nope, factory ford wheels
. i hate them though, damn 7 spokes

I also took care of your shadow[/b]
how did you do that?

im looking for command prompts here, i really know nothing about the program... all i really know is smudge/smear

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
To get rid of your shadow, I used the custom shape select tool, which looks like a pointy lasso kinda. I made a random shape big enough to cover your shadow, copied to a new layer, and then moved that new layer over your shadow. I did that a few more times with different shapes and sizes of copies to give it a more random, natural look, and then merged the layers down to the background. (i can do it better than explain it)
As far as lowering the car goes, i used the same tool as before, and traced around the shadow and wheel wells of the car and then up into the rock face (because it's easier to mask the move from the rocks...it's hard for me to explain). Then I selected the move tool, and moved the car's body down. All that's left to do is hide the gap created (white part) by moving the selection. Just just the color selector (eyedropper) to get a close color and go at it with the airbrush. In this case I had to do it on the rock face, the grass behind the car, and the road behind the car. In some pictures it's easier to move the wheels... whatever works. I darkend the tail light too, just selected it using the same tool as before, and went to the "variations" menu, which is under "image" i think. That's it... pretty simple program to use once you get the hang of it. check out worth1000.com sometime for some really good photoshop stuff

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Here's a tutorial I did for a member who was on here a while back. Didn't think I'd ever use this again. It's a step-by-step process to take a car and completely remove the background and such. You go from this:

to this, one step at a time.

Certainly ain't the best PS job, but it works considering it was a 15 minute job. (And don't nobody say nuttin' 'bout whose car it is.
)

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
I did one too, but it's a much more drastic lowering job. If the front wheels weren't turned I could have done some nice wheels and made them look right. I had put wheels on there but I just wasn't satisfied with the way they were turning out. Anyway here it is. I did a quicky on the blending of the rock faces.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts