Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 95 Ford Taurus GL Wagon, 3.8 L Engine. There is a part called a PFE sensor which is attached, via a short pc of rubber hose, to the tubular projection coming from the lower part of the EGR valve. Recently, I notice pcs of gray chips on the engine below this sensor and when I took it off to inspect further, I discovered that it was damaged. Apparently, before I purchased the car, the former owner had someone work on it and that person broke off the tubular portion and a considerable area around the base of it. In an effort to do a "fix" and cover up his deed, he replaced the broken tube with a large dia hose and put an abundance of epoxy all around the hose at the bottom area. It worked, since I've had the car for quite a while until the epoxy gave out an started to fall out. The noticeable effect it has on the car is that after an initial start up in the morn it's great, good pickup and the whole works. After the first stop and restart, it has a bad pickup and the temperature goes higher than normal. I now have a junk yard replacement on it and still have the same problem. Before I went to the junk yard, I called my Ford dealer and got a price of $150 for a new one compared to the junk yard version at $10. I don't want to make the $150 investment until I know that I'm on the right track that this is the problem. I'll appreciate any suggestions. Thanks and best to my Taurus friends.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts