Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to gauge interest in what performance upgrades people are looking for. Please select the answer that suits you best. If you ONLY want an intake, then just check that box. If you want both intake and cat back exhaust, check that one. You get the picture..

This will give us a good idea of what people want for their cars.

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
And what if we want the intake, headers, and spark plug wires cause we already have exhaust work?

-Dan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew I was going to miss some type of combination!

Can you make a poll that will allow you to check more than one circle? That way I can just make a list of parts that we are thinking of making, and people can check all of the ones they want....

Nikolas

·
Registered
559 Posts
are these mods for the duratec or the vulcans or bolth???
Please say there for the vulcans to PLEASE!!!!!!!1111

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Spark plug wires are the only thing that we can really get from a regular vendor. The Ranger plug wires work for the vulcan taurus. Other than that....

Build them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by spifdaddytaurus01@Feb 3 2004, 08:18 AM
are these mods for the duratec or the vulcans or bolth???
Please say there for the vulcans to PLEASE!!!!!!!1111
oh nos!!!!1111 I didn't even think of that - gotta have vulcan!!

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I say headers only. The rest is OK, but I say focus on the headers first, then do the rest. I don't really care for a bolt-on cat-back exhaust. No matter how good the quality, it's nothing you can't get done at a muffler shop for the same cost. Spark plug wires would be a waste of time, since there are several extremely high-quality sets made for just about every Taurus/Sable application out there. An intake would be OK, but most of us have made our own already.

So focus on the headers and a hi-flow Y-pipe... for the 3.4L! (
that was a joke
)

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
What would be really cool would be like a high flow intake for the 'tec. Something with like a 70mm TB or bigger that can really take in some air. It would go well with the intake, the headers, and the whole package.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I was thinking headers and y-pipe, too. I already got a cat-back done, and a lot of members have, too; so the only thing we need are the upper components to the exhaust. But, how will I be able to have a torque strap if I take my exhaust manifolds off and get headers? Maybe you guys can make some solid steel motor mounts, too. Those should be cheap and easy to make, but a PITA to install and test fit.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I agree w/focusing on headers. I think it would be a great product, and it's not something you can't do yourself. A lot of us already have intake/exhaust.

Not that you shouldn't offer that too for modding n00bs who wanna see it written on paper "I install this and I get +7 HP".

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spif,

We are definitely going to make all of the items on the list... we are just going to develop them based on the order of their popularity and the demand for said products.

Typically, vehicle owners look to install an Intake and Cat Back Exhaust first, so that is what we will concentrate on. After that, we will develop headers. Being that headers are a mod installed by a small percentage of owners who DO modify their cars, headers will need to come after the more popular mods of Cold Air Intake and Cat Back Exhaust.

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Draxas_VP@Feb 9 2004, 05:54 PM
Spif,

We are definitely going to make all of the items on the list... we are just going to develop them based on the order of their popularity and the demand for said products.

Typically, vehicle owners look to install an Intake and Cat Back Exhaust first, so that is what we will concentrate on. After that, we will develop headers. Being that headers are a mod installed by a small percentage of owners who DO modify their cars, headers will need to come after the more popular mods of Cold Air Intake and Cat Back Exhaust.

Nikolas
what company do you own?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, the Cold Air Intake for Gen III Duratec (1996-1999) should be released in about 4-6 weeks or so. We are examining a Gen 4 Duratec (2000-2003) on Feb 21st to see if the same intake kit will fit that generation. If it does, then we can support both Generations with one part.

We will more than likely begin our development of a Vulcan intake sometime in March. The Exhaust system for the Gen III Duratec will also more than likely begin development in March.

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Here's a question...

On my friend's '98, the Intake Air Temperature sensor is mounted on the air box after the filter. On my 2000, the IAT sensor is built into the MAF unit. Are you adding a pointing point on the 96 - 99 intakes for the IAT sensor and if would you be excluding this hole on the '00+ models?

-Dan Thomas

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.