Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am getting a 2002 Taurus with the 3.0 DOHC engine in the next few days. I am looking for some performance mods for it. Intake, exhaust, headers etc. and am having a hard time finding anything. I have been a Ford man since the 60's five Mustangs, two Thunderbirds. 64 Comet Cyclone and a 58 and 56 Fairlane. I have never had so much trouble finding aftermarket performance parts for a car. I sure hope that you guys can give me a hand.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Welcome to the club. You can find out a lot by doing a search for miscellaneous parts, like exhaust, intakes, etc. Also check out the Garage link at the top right of the forum. This will let you check out mods and pics of mods that members have done to their cars. Also check out the sponsor banners at the top of the screens as they are usually the ones who supply most of our parts. Good luck to ya, as you can already tell, finding aftermarket parts is a little challenging for our cars, but we all make do and when we can't find something, some of us even make our own parts. Later

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thats because their really aren't any. There is a cold air intake kit that should be coming out. Other than that you can get a chip from americanmotorsport.com, which has been dyno proven to add around 10hp and 15 tq. Try going to an exhaust shop and getting a mandrel bent exhaust. Their are other things, let me get back to ya a little later. Many other members can help you out like Sixfofalcon and mikehawk.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
First of all Welcome to the TCCA!!!

You'll find a lot of useful information and people here. Don't hesitate to ask questions i'm sure someone can help.

As far as aftermarket products, well there really aren't a lot of them out there compared to the other Fords you have had, especially a Gen4 like you are getting. There is more for the Gen1&2 and some for the Gen3 but not many for the 4 since it is newer.

The best performance mod you can do for the money with these cars IMO is a PCM reprogram/chip. Check with americanmotorsport.com (Alberto) for the chip, i was extremely pleased with my purchase from him. There are a few members that manufacture performance mods for the vehicles also. Check with Bob Gervais (club president) as far as intake ideas. He's currently working on a set of bored out secondaries for me and is P&P my upper of my Duratec (DOHC). He also sells suspension related upgrades. You can check with a member named Baby SHO (Brad) about head swapping. He was the first one (we are aware of) that has done this to the duratec engine. I know SHOZ123 (Paul) also Makes VAKs that will work for the Duratec engine (got one on order).

As far as exhaust there isn't much right now, you can go to a shop and have them do a custom job for you like other members and myself have had done but i'm not aware of any cat-back kits or anything just yet.

There are also a lot of inexpensive mods you can do yourself like a torque strap, K&N filter, aux tranny cooler, removing the intake silencer...

Well hope that's a starting point for you at least. Take a look at the members garages and see what mods they have done and get ideas from that also.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Not a problem, hope we help out some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts