Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like everything I find about making a Ford Taurus faster always ends with the same result. "You should just buy a SHO!". Thing is though me like others bought this car and are still paying it off and can't afford to buy another car just for speed. I'd really like to make my 2011 Ford Taurus SEL with a non Ecoboost engine faster any way I can. It's already a quick car. Not fast enough for me though. If anyone can give me some tips without the usual shoulda bought a SHO or change the CAI mods that will help me make my car faster would be really appreciated. I already have some ideas or have thought about putting a turbo on it but I can't find any guides to follow online. So please if someone could point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tires, Struts, Brakes
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S plus wheels for non-winter driving.
KYB StrutPlus fronts and Excel-g rear struts
Goodridge Stainless brake lines, PowerStop Z23 pads, Stoptech Sport Cryo rotors, Motul 660 brake fluid.
Faster on the track.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tires, Struts, Brakes
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S plus wheels for non-winter driving.
KYB StrutPlus fronts and Excel-g rear struts
Goodridge Stainless brake lines, PowerStop Z23 pads, Stoptech Sport Cryo rotors, Motul 660 brake fluid.
Faster on the track.
I cant find KYB StrutPlus fronts for my Ford Taurus 2013 Limited

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see that KYB has excel-g front struts and excel-g rear shocks for the 2013 Limited. You are correct about no strutplus fronts. Same as 2011.
So do u suggest excel-g ? Has advantage over motorcraft ?

Im thinking quick strut Monroe for fronts ( AIO ) with spring , mount and everything

·
Registered
97 Posts
The excel-g struts/shocks are pretty good handling. Can't compare to Monroes, only what I have read. But I love the excel-g's on my '08. World of difference. I like Assurance Weatheready for my winter tires and the Michelins I mentioned earlier for high performance summer. I will tell you that They were stunned when my driver took it to the track for a training weekend. It kept up well with the BMWs, mustangs and camaros.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts