Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5386

http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/Goodbye%20SW9%20-...20to%20Here.htm

As some of you may know I've lost my trophy ***** SW9 to a t bone accident. I got an 06 Mazda 6s with the duratech V6. I've been crusing the list of 6Crew and came across this. There is going to be a Dyno session with these new coils. Base line stock coils then the WeaponX coils. I'll post the charts as soon as they are up. Could be interesting?
But yeah, I'm way skeptical of any real gains for the dough
So far impressed with the 6s with gated six speed

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
I'm not aware of any issues with the stock Duratec ignition system, so I wouldn't guess that there will be any difference. The 80 RWHP claim would be the nail in the coffin for me. Sounds like it has the same gains as fuel line magnets!

Now they may benefit a heavily modified car in some way, but stock I just can't see it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (mikeo007 @ Mar 25 2009, 02:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712000
I'm not aware of any issues with the stock Duratec ignition system, so I wouldn't guess that there will be any difference. The 80 RWHP claim would be the nail in the coffin for me. Sounds like it has the same gains as fuel line magnets![/b]
Not arguing - just reporting. Lets see what the Dyno sez?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not aware of any issues with the stock Duratec ignition system, so I wouldn't guess that there will be any difference. The 80 RWHP claim would be the nail in the coffin for me. Sounds like it has the same gains as fuel line magnets!

Now they may benefit a heavily modified car in some way, but stock I just can't see it.[/b]
Well yes and no. They are reporting initial gains of 7-12 hp at the wheels and amazinly ~3more MPG with their coils. I'm not yet a proponet, again just reporting. I will post their dyno sheets when they are up. Im not yet buying it either.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
QUOTE (showhat9 @ Mar 24 2009, 10:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712003
I'm not aware of any issues with the stock Duratec ignition system, so I wouldn't guess that there will be any difference. The 80 RWHP claim would be the nail in the coffin for me. Sounds like it has the same gains as fuel line magnets![/b]
[/b][/quote]

Totally cool, me neither :) Was just commenting, but I'd be as delighted as everyone else if the dyno proves some results :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (mikeo007 @ Mar 25 2009, 02:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712006
QUOTE (showhat9 @ Mar 24 2009, 10:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712003
[/b][/quote]

Totally cool, me neither :) Was just commenting, but I'd be as delighted as everyone else if the dyno proves some results :)
[/b][/quote]
Be aware that even if the dyno proves results, you have to consider the price vs HP gain. It very well may not be worth in, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
If it's near the advertised gains, it would be one of the few modifications that actually does something anyway. Thing is though, many Duratec owners here would have no use for the coils anyway since Tec's other then 2000, and 2004-2005 had coil packs instead of CoP.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Coil packs FTL.
There might be some minimal gains, but I don't think we're going to see 10hp.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Looks to me like you would have to use duct tape to keep them in.

No coil is going to improve the ignition unless the original one is bad. It's just like spark plugs.

HP gain claims are just plain bogus from something like this.

And it is Duratec............

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I'm a bit concerned that these coils give a fwd car 10-80 RWHP. :blink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts