Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Chips are useless and ruin things. Buy an SCT X3 tuner and get a performance tune. Worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Free chips!

Listen, I bought a G-force performance chip for my Taurus Duratec and '05 Focus Duratec. I wanted better fuel mileage since power is adequate for my needs. However, I'm not so sure I want to install them after reading other forums. Whatever the reason I did save them until I had more info. Now I just don't want to mess with them.:unsure: So if someone wants them let me know! I 'chickened out" for installing them!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Listen, I bought a G-force performance chip for my Taurus Duratec and '05 Focus Duratec. I wanted better fuel mileage since power is adequate for my needs. However, I'm not so sure I want to install them after reading other forums. Whatever the reason I did save them until I had more info. Now I just don't want to mess with them.:unsure: So if someone wants them let me know! I 'chickened out" for installing them!
Yes those chips are nothing more then a resistor in a box. They are junk.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Yes, a cheap resistor and thats all. Goes to show that impulse buying is often costly. Hope this post serves as a warning to all because since then I've read that all or nearly all of these chips have a resistor no matter who makes them. Besides I've yet to read about any positive results from them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts