Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
^+1.

ANY chip that connects to the IAT sensor is BS. You can't tell the PCM the air is colder than it is, because the MAF and O2 will cancel it out.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Yes, they are called programmers, and they don't work by fooling to computer, they work by reprogramming it to remove built in limiters.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Now, if only there was an option for the EEC-IV, other than TwEECer or LPM that I could program...

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I think we need to sticky something about these........this is like the what 5th G-force chip post?

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
Its all about the ionization process magnetically forming dispersant particulate being drawn into the tornado-like vortex...... Wait a minute, ill take 3!!! Lol! I know, im an *******, but im good at it!

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Now, if only there was an option for the EEC-IV, other than TwEECer or LPM that I could program...
I have the software to write tunes for the pre-96 Taurus and Sable. Just don't have the hardware to write to a piggy back chip. These chips attach to the PCM.

·
Registered
619 Posts
If I get brave, I'll pull the EPROM out and get an EEPROM and burner to utilize binary/hex editing software and do it w/o the piggy-back chip. I'm sure I'll ask Paul for assistance at that point.

I only have one B9B ecm and don't want to brick it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yes, they are called programmers, and they don't work by fooling to computer, they work by reprogramming it to remove built in limiters.
With a programmer, you can also change the shift points, but doing that will drop fuel mileage. I'm happy with mine as-is.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Just how badly does mpg drop with a chip or reporgram? The stock shift points are something that always bothered me in this car. All up shifts happen too soon.. resulting in less firm upshifts, lack of power, slow, badly timed downshifts, double gear downshifts, and practically always no usable engine braking power. Our engines deserve better IMHO.. I haven't driven many cars, but man, such an erratic transmission as is..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts