Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys... I have looked through my Haynes manual and exhaustively searched the forums but I can't find a good enough answer to my question, perhaps because a visual learner and can't understand purely on description... but where is the PCV valve in a Vulcan??? I have an 01 with a Vulcan and I was going to perform a routine check of the PCV valve but I cannot find the thing.

I have included a picture... could someone maybe circle where it is or take a picture of their own to help me out?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update... wow I feel embarassed. I figured it out, and replaced it. However, my question is, where can I get the elbow shaped rubber piece and the hose that connects from the intake manifold to the pcv valve? is there a ford part number?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, don't you love that? :)

If your '01 is like my '99 a 24"-30" section of 9/16" (IIRC) rubber hose will do the job. I do not know if this part is still available from Ford. Someone parting out a vehicle may have it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay! I'll definitely look into it.

One more question for anyone...
look at these pictures. I'm not sure how well you can see, but there was oil coating the seating for the PCV elbow on the Intake Manifold, and oil inside the PCV elbow.

Is this normal...?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
You can build better quality PCV valve with autozone parts. They have the lower part which is all metal and then the little hose which is high quality plastic and then the top part. You put them all together and it fits right in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts