Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
let me check

I don't if its the same on my car as it is yours (I have a 3.0 v6) but I found that the hose runs all the way to the air box. And half way along this journey there is a plastic fitting attaching the two hoses. I hope this helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure if this helps or not. My pcv is slightly different from the one you posted. Order, 3-2-1-4. The 3rd photo is of the PCV, the 2nd photo show's the hose running back behind the motor, and the plastic piece, and the 1st photo shows the hose wrapping around the motor, and heading towards the air box. The last photo is showing the hose running under the air box

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Not sure if this helps or not. My pcv is slightly different from the one you posted. Order, 3-2-1-4. The 3rd photo is of the PCV, the 2nd photo show's the hose running back behind the motor, and the plastic piece, and the 1st photo shows the hose wrapping around the motor, and heading towards the air box. The last photo is showing the hose running under the air box
Thanks a lot! You have helped me quite a bit. I bought this PCV valve since it said it applied to "U code vins" only 86 cars...seems like mine is that one!

The big hose I got it right, but I just need to know where the hell is the entrance to the airbox never ever seen that before! Gotta take that stuff apart and take a look also buy some meters of hose.

By your pictures I could also notice I'm missing the support frame for the EGR pressure sensor! Didn't noticed that before.

Your engine looks great congrats! You even have the IAC cover which I've been looking for like crazy (previous mechanic lost all covers on engines and dust caps including the alternator one).

You've been so helpful taking pictures and all, few people would bother to do that so truly thanks for being such a nice guy will keep you posted if I find out where the little hose goes.

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks a lot! You have helped me quite a bit. I bought this PCV valve since it said it applied to "U code vins" only 86 cars...seems like mine is that one!

The big hose I got it right, but I just need to know where the hell is the entrance to the airbox never ever seen that before! Gotta take that stuff apart and take a look also buy some meters of hose.

By your pictures I could also notice I'm missing the support frame for the EGR pressure sensor! Didn't noticed that before.

Your engine looks great congrats! You even have the IAC cover which I've been looking for like crazy (previous mechanic lost all covers on engines and dust caps including the alternator one).

You've been so helpful taking pictures and all, few people would bother to do that so truly thanks for being such a nice guy will keep you posted if I find out where the little hose goes.

Have a nice day!
well I know how nice it is to have someone take a photo for me :) If you still need help I'll go take my air filter apart and see if that hose literally just attaches into the air box, which I do believe it does. And thanks, I have all the covers(although I didn't put that rubber thing back on the distributor) and the engine only has 65k on it, and there is no leaks at all. I love it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Awesome :), likewise let me know if I can help you with anything got quite a few info and original shop manuals just seems that a lot is not enough to troubleshoot this cars sometimes lol.

If you ever come across any spare parts like those covers please let me know I made a thread looking for some of em here: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/124...iscussion/160310-help-finding-some-parts.html
Is that avatar of your dash? I would love to have a digital dash, thats bad ass. I saw that in my owners manual. You wanna buy my parts? :p

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is that avatar of your dash? I would love to have a digital dash, thats bad ass. I saw that in my owners manual. You wanna buy my parts? :p
Hehe yeah that one is from my car :). Every once in a while you see digital dashes on Ebay but I bet the wiring would be a pain :S

And yeah sure I would buy your parts lol.

·
Registered
437 Posts
As far as I remember (when I had a 1990 3l Taurus) that thin hose goes to a connection on or near the charcoal emmisions cannister . If you search around under the front end and you might find that line. Good luck.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I remember (when I had a 1990 3l Taurus) that thin hose goes to a connection on or near the charcoal emmisions cannister . If you search around under the front end and you might find that line. Good luck.
Thanks man that charcoal canister is like under the drivers side finder right? In front?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes. I vaguely remember it connects to an electric soleniod vave (small one related to the cannister. The thin hose feeds all the way up to the pcv.

·
Registered
76 Posts
if it didn't go into the air box I figured it went into something else like that, that sits underneath the air box or near there.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
There should be a vacuum ilustration sticker on the upper radiator support, or maybe the hood, that might be helpful in figuring out the line routing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts