Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2014 ford taurus limited. I just got a 320 HO alternator that's internally regulated and I'm bypassing the PCM. Is there any way to trick the pcm into sensing an alternator so I don't get a battery light?

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
On a 2014 ford taurus limited. I just got a 320 HO alternator that's internally regulated and I'm bypassing the PCM. Is there any way to trick the pcm into sensing an alternator so I don't get a battery light?
Black tape over the light and use a plug in volt meter in the power port. Dual purpose, good information too.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Pic of G-4 Bulls, '02 and later. There is an "always hot" wire that activates the reg. Trim volts is shown it can be cut. The There is a signal wire for the light 6V when not on, 0.5V makes the bulb light. PCM manages that power to the bulb.
Pic is for '03, other years will be different.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,502 Posts
^^^^ GO AWAY TROLL!! Keep copying and pasting other members replys and you will be banned from this site!
GET A LIFE!

Reactions: kekaye56 and ice445

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Don't be so upset! How would he then make the minimum posts required, before posting his real spam posts? :poop:

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Pic of G-4 Bulls, '02 and later. There is an "always hot" wire that activates the reg. Trim volts is shown it can be cut. The There is a signal wire for the light 6V when not on, 0.5V makes the bulb light. PCM manages that power to the bulb.
-chart-
-chart-
To eliminate the light, if you have the diagram as in post #4, DOHC you can cut the wire at the PCM LG/RD. Light is out of the circuit.
-chart-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts