Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Go To Ford Dealer, Insert Cash (lots of it).

Or, Go To Salvage Yard with numbers from your old PCM, and try to match numbers...

Or, Go To Salvage Yard, and try to find car same model year with same engine, and transmission type.

Or, Post A Wanted Message On This Board, List Model Year, Engine, and Transmission Type.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
As long as you don't have PATS, you should be able to swap in a matching PCM, which would allow you to, assuming there are not OTHER problems, start your car.

If you have PATS, that's a WHOLE different ballgame.

FWIW, when my PCM started acting up, I ordered a new one from Torrie @ fastpartsnetwork.com, then had it installed at the dealer (which you HAVE to do if you have PATS). It cost me $275, plus core for the PCM, plus $100 for installation.

JR

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have a problem with my car. The car stalled and im no longer getting a spark from spark plugs replaced coil and tested. only one wire was live (12v) other was dead. have no voltage going into the fuse box on the inside... under the hood is fine. Replaced Crankshaft sensor and cam sensor and still no spark. fuel is fine. compression is fine. jus wont turn over... so im assuming that the PCM is bad. theres no way to check or atleast no one is helping me so im stuck and will replace the PCM. Dont know what else to do.

·
Registered
354 Posts
There are companies that will sell you a PCM with warranty. Ebay has listings. They make sure that the one they sell you matches your car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good afternoon,

I was told to try to check all the grounds going to the PCM and the engine. Can someone tell me some wires that arent visable to the Ignition coil. Thanx in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
timeout
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing