Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Nope, you are looking at something other than the PCM. The PCM is embedded in the firewall, directly behind (or in front of, depending how you look at it) the glove box. Raise the hood and look behind the engine, below the cowl, in the center of the firewall. You'll see a large connector sticking into a box the shape of a car stereo head unit. That box is the PCM. The 4-digit code written on there is your PCM code. Go to the archives and do a search on "PCM" and I'm sure you'll find the directions you need to get it out. It's not that hard, especially after you've done it 30-40 times. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I bet you can do it in the dark, with one hand, with all the tools you need stashed in in your pocket. :lol: I pulled the thing out once at 10PM on a moonless night, with no light whatsoever. It took 20 minutes to take it out and reinstall it. After that, I realized how truly insane I have become. :eyecrazy: :freak2: :freak1: :grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I pulled my PCM from my Vulcan Sable for the first time and it was easy to do with the right tool. The smaller ratchet and a swinging head did the job with no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts