Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my 3.0 sable isnt a sho and they support my car. they have an application list you know. ill try to dig it up

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The TwEECer -- EEC-IV user programmable module i was told that some of the newer cars that arent listed should do a part number and catch code search because some are supported but not listed and some people do back date the newer cars to an older ECU to use twEECer and some of the older cars get updated to support it. i didnt even see a listin for the SHO

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah you can. that is if you dont mind adding some wires and sensors. ive noticed from all the posts ive read you guys seem to be kinda shy about mods. the mopar guy update to OBD II all the time. im starting to see why the ford and mopar guys usually dont see eye to eye lol. mopar more balls than brains ford more brains than balls.... in other words mopar for the brave ford for the scared?

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
remember your in a ford taurus forum. we arent drag racing or drifting here. im sure guys do ballsy stuff in the mustang forums but theres really no point in dropping tons of money on mods on a taurus. i did a few on my last duratec sable then i had it tuned, and i gained 10hp maybe.

i now have a vulcan and the motor is 100% stock except for a k&n airfilter, its slow as hell and im fine with it.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
He's right. Not saying you can't make some fast Taurus', but at the end of the day, FWD. Great for speed in a straight line, even then they can be a bit tricky to handle. Thats why my project car is a RWD. I will be putting some money into my Taurus too, but nothing hardcore.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
yeah you can. that is if you dont mind adding some wires and sensors. ive noticed from all the posts ive read you guys seem to be kinda shy about mods. the mopar guy update to OBD II all the time. im starting to see why the ford and mopar guys usually dont see eye to eye lol. mopar more balls than brains ford more brains than balls.... in other words mopar for the brave ford for the scared?
Right shy for mods when I am doing a turbo...

Basically you would be swapping over the entire wire harness and other items to go to OBDII for no real gains. If you want OBDII it is cheap enough to get a Gen3 Taurus and have it already.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Right shy for mods when I am doing a turbo...

Basically you would be swapping over the entire wire harness and other items to go to OBDII for no real gains. If you want OBDII it is cheap enough to get a Gen3 Taurus and have it already.
True dat, maybe someone who wants catalyst and EVAP monitoring on their pre-96 for no good reason can handle up on that.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Look, the full OBD-II monitoring is not really a drawback. You get better diagnostics, and the OBD-II computer is easier to reprogram. However, is is there are no gains to doing so unless you do other mods and reprogram it to do so. You can get Megasquirt ECUs that will directly interchange with the old EEC-IV for less that it would cost to swap and OBD-II system in.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
remember your in a ford taurus forum. we arent drag racing or drifting here. im sure guys do ballsy stuff in the mustang forums but theres really no point in dropping tons of money on mods on a taurus. i did a few on my last duratec sable then i had it tuned, and i gained 10hp maybe.

i now have a vulcan and the motor is 100% stock except for a k&n airfilter, its slow as hell and im fine with it.
I second that one. The object here is how to change your heater core for $70 instead of $600 and stuff like that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol. you guys dont have any pullaparts near you do you? as far as the reason to go OBD II its all about better diagnostics. will you mega squirt tell you which cylinder is misfiring? or that youre runing lean? what about tellin you if its the MAF or the O2 that makin you run rich? performance gains..... no big issues thats what mods are for, saving time and money on fixin the crusty ole bull... now thats what you want. and you can reflash the OBD II system to run a full emissions delet. and as for a turbo... documented mod its been done by someone else. ifyou wanna come at me with that crap about not being shy about mods do something no one else has done or something everyone says cant be done, then you can talk to me. before you start barkin at me for that, you build your own intake manifolds port your own heads fab your own headers and mufflers and crossfit injection systems between brands? i came here to learn things about bulls that techs dont know the tricks that only hotrodders elbow deep in their cars learn the hard way, and so far im not seeing too much of that. there are some guys on here that do get nuts and WAY outside of the box on these cars but for the most part im seeing mundane mods.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as far as the not drag racing thing goes, check out what the mopar guys are doing. 96 intrepids running 13.5 with a 3.3, come on now. thers nothing wrong with a screamin famliy car. and if your car is fine as it is and being slow as hell what are you even doing reading this thread? and why would you even comment? if you like slow as hell and you want stock go somewhere else. i dont like stock i dont want stock and i NEVER drive stock.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
as far as the not drag racing thing goes, check out what the mopar guys are doing. 96 intrepids running 13.5 with a 3.3, come on now. thers nothing wrong with a screamin famliy car. and if your car is fine as it is and being slow as hell what are you even doing reading this thread? and why would you even comment? if you like slow as hell and you want stock go somewhere else. i dont like stock i dont want stock and i NEVER drive stock.
OK, you're a hot rodder. Pretty funny that you picked a Ford Taurus/Merc Sable as your hot rod. This is not a forum about FWD drag racing or drifting, or any of that other stuff. Yeah, there are some members here that have accomplished some neat, crazy stuff on a Taurus and we all enjoy following their exploits, but for the most part this is a forum about keeping your Taurus alive and running, Dealer shop rates be damned. Many members on here have fine running Bulls with well in excess of 200,000 miles on them. And there is nothing wrong at all with a screamin' family car sleeper, I'm still waiting for the right G3 SHO to come along. For now my Duratec steps off the line just fine for me and has enough ponies to be fun to drive, it's not "slow as hell" at all. And I'm reading this post because it's posted in the Club forums where I'm a member. Street racing? I gave that up years ago... If I wanted to get back into the "moddin' & roddin'" thing, it damn sure wouldn't be in a Ford Taurus or a Dodge Intrepid, maybe a Fox body 'Stang or a 1st Gen Camaro....but there are other Forums for those subjects.
(PS- if your looking for fellow Mopar fanatics, you won't find too many on this Forum, it's a Taurus/Sable Forum, and we're happy to have you here, but it's pretty crass for a new member to be telling other members to "go somewhere else." Why so angry?)

·
Registered
198 Posts
lol. you guys dont have any pullaparts near you do you? as far as the reason to go OBD II its all about better diagnostics. will you mega squirt tell you which cylinder is misfiring? or that youre runing lean? what about tellin you if its the MAF or the O2 that makin you run rich? performance gains..... no big issues thats what mods are for, saving time and money on fixin the crusty ole bull... now thats what you want. and you can reflash the OBD II system to run a full emissions delet. and as for a turbo... documented mod its been done by someone else. ifyou wanna come at me with that crap about not being shy about mods do something no one else has done or something everyone says cant be done, then you can talk to me. before you start barkin at me for that, you build your own intake manifolds port your own heads fab your own headers and mufflers and crossfit injection systems between brands? i came here to learn things about bulls that techs dont know the tricks that only hotrodders elbow deep in their cars learn the hard way, and so far im not seeing too much of that. there are some guys on here that do get nuts and WAY outside of the box on these cars but for the most part im seeing mundane mods.

call me nutz but im about to drop 30,000 in my motor/trans alone. and im redoing the interior too. so im one of those nutz that drag race and try to drift my 2nd gen taurus. as soon a i start having a little money i will start posting that on here. ps. it will be done to my 3.8l (a 140hp)engine.to be a supercharged 3.8l 370hp super gandma car. im learning things i didnt know here and thank you all for being part of this forum helping me with my project taurus lx.

·
Registered
671 Posts
OK, you're a hot rodder. Pretty funny that you picked a Ford Taurus/Merc Sable as your hot rod. This is not a forum about FWD drag racing or drifting, or any of that other stuff. Yeah, there are some members here that have accomplished some neat, crazy stuff on a Taurus and we all enjoy following their exploits, but for the most part this is a forum about keeping your Taurus alive and running, Dealer shop rates be damned. Many members on here have fine running Bulls with well in excess of 200,000 miles on them. And there is nothing wrong at all with a screamin' family car sleeper, I'm still waiting for the right G3 SHO to come along. For now my Duratec steps off the line just fine for me and has enough ponies to be fun to drive, it's not "slow as hell" at all. And I'm reading this post because it's posted in the Club forums where I'm a member. Street racing? I gave that up years ago... If I wanted to get back into the "moddin' & roddin'" thing, it damn sure wouldn't be in a Ford Taurus or a Dodge Intrepid, maybe a Fox body 'Stang or a 1st Gen Camaro....but there are other Forums for those subjects.
(PS- if your looking for fellow Mopar fanatics, you won't find too many on this Forum, it's a Taurus/Sable Forum, and we're happy to have you here, but it's pretty crass for a new member to be telling other members to "go somewhere else." Why so angry?)
+1

I'm going back to the dyno on Tuesday to see what my tuner can squeeze out of the last few mods I've done. If you're not up-to-date, search my stuff. There are a few members here that've gone above-and-beyond with the vulcan, there's the in-progress turbo 'tec that's flying around, we have members with 4.2 stroked essex blocks in their car, and god-only-knows what's going on with the SHO monsters. But mostly, this forum consists of people posting maintenance questions.

And I love how you praise loudsho92 in another post for being the level-headed one, then bash him here saying the turbo is nothing new.

The taurus is a great family car, and if you have the patience to research and experiment with upgrades, it can be very rewarding. Based on your comments and attitude, I don't think this is a good platform for you, and suggest you move on.

·
Registered
671 Posts
call me nutz but im about to drop 30,000 in my motor/trans alone. and im redoing the interior too. so im one of those nutz that drag race and try to drift my 2nd gen taurus. as soon a i start having a little money i will start posting that on here. ps. it will be done to my 3.8l (a 140hp)engine.to be a supercharged 3.8l 370hp super gandma car. im learning things i didnt know here and thank you all for being part of this forum helping me with my project taurus lx.
You're nuts. $30k is almost enough for a brand-new SHO with 360 hp and a warranty for when you break stuff. On a 3.8 SC, you should be able to reach 370hp within $10k.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts