Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 641 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Coming soon on the bull will be the power seat addition, plus a new driver side door from a 2007 Silver Frost Taurus SE.

Much body work is also needed being that the dogleg on the driver side is starting to rust badly.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
It was someone selling on eBay... Can't remember.. it was a while ago.

Keep in mind if you come across one, it won't fit anything but 2004-2007 bumpers.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
For those who didn't see, I now have a power seat. So glad the manual one with no lumbar support and burn marks (from welding the moonroof in) is finally gone!

Check out the thread here: www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/175055-performing-seat-surgery.html

Just waiting to get the new door on.
New mudflaps for the rear are in the works as well!
Accident damage and rust damage need to be taken care of in the spring.

Yesterday.. hit this mark.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, I noticed your car in your posts but didnt realize the work that went into it.. till I read this.. Nice work on all the mods, I save my mods for my bike, but I do commend you on your work! Well done!

·
Administrator
6,642 Posts
Wow, I noticed your car in your posts but didnt realize the work that went into it.. till I read this.. Nice work on all the mods, I save my mods for my bike, but I do commend you on your work! Well done!
A lot of people don't realize how much blood sweat and tears went into his car. It's kind of amazing and shows pretty cool amounts of passion and loyalty to his car! Even if he calls it a piece of crap when something goes wrong:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Wow!! Well thanks guys... I appreciate it! I do love my car... even if it is getting rusty in some spots. It is trusty though... 123k and never a CEL.

So... The centennials are back on!!!! Got a new car starter installed under warranty today.. And.. I have new mudflaps now!! Next up... Rust repair.

And so the journey continues! Got even more planned!!

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Wow!! Well thanks guys... I appreciate it! I do love my car... even if it is getting rusty in some spots. It is trusty though... 123k and never a CEL.

So... The centennials are back on!!!! Got a new car starter installed under warranty today.. And.. I have new mudflaps now!! Next up... Rust repair.

And so the journey continues! Got even more planned!!
WOW WHERE DID YOU EVER FIND MUDFLAPS LIKE THAT?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
^Someone is jealous :) lol

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Mudflaps came from a magical fairy.

Anyways, since my accident back on December 28 when the lady smashed into me while I was at a stop sign, she broke my custom plate frame. I was so bummed as the plate frames were from a former dealer, and I had 2 original ones since we bought our old 2002 Windstar LX (with sport wheels) from the now defunct dealer. Well my lady's mom's friend has a 2003 Windstar from that dealer so I got the plate frame and made a new one!!!

It looks weird brand new.. but the black eventually fades and it blends in better.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Been meaning to do this for some time now... you'd have thought I would have done this as one of the first additions. Oh well.
But, since Ford cheaped out... and late build 2003 MY-2007 MY didn't have it, I added decklid carpet myself!!!! Thanks, Ford.

I did find that
1) The retainers that hold it on do not like to come out or be reused (Grabbed Tons of them!)
2) A new hole needs to be cut for the safety trunk release lever. They are in different spots from 2000-2003 and 2004-2007.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
What's the benefit?

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
What's the benefit?
Aesthetic, strictly. It was $3. My car didn't have it. It was something else to add. Hey, why not. I like how it looks.

41 - 60 of 641 Posts