Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... I bought a car and I can officially say I own a Taurus again. So now I have my sister's and this. It is a beat 2005 Taurus that has seen much better days. It has 128k on it and I bought it super cheap. It is in the best hands now that it has been in for a long long time.

This will be a short lived venture, but I plan to document it here still. The idea is to keep the miles and salt off my Fusion this winter. It will be sold in spring probably.

Specs:
Built 06/2004
12V OHV FFV Vulcan engine
Light Tundra CCM
Tan cloth interior
Alloy wheels
What else is there?

So the good...
Tranny shifts perfectly and fluid was clean and clear
Engine runs pretty well overall
wheel wells are intact
brakes do not pulsate and the brake lines are in good shape
subframe is solid
coolant was not terrible
aftermarket plug wires meaning it had a tune up at some point
suspension is good

The bad...
Needs OEM wheels and good tires put back on. It is making a weird noise and the rims on it are scraping and rubbing
interior is a wreck and will be gutted and replaced (Mary Jane is heavy in this one)
Needs some body parts
CNY rust
No service history
ABS throwing codes
CEL on (IAC circuit and keep alive memory too low)

So what it will be getting:
Complete interior minus dash - Seats, Headliner, Carpet, Rear Deck, 3 door panels, visors, dome light, third brake light, new icp bezel
Driver Side mirror
Driver headlamp
Driver side fender
Front and rear bumpers
rocker moulding

I will need to fix the CEL before November 31 so I can get a NYS inspection too. I will be poking around here, but feel free to chime in. I'll have to get the exact codes again.

And I have two pictures for now. The car is at Josh's uncles now so I do not have any other pictures.

Curious what you have to say! :p The Fusion will be happy to not get salted.

For interior I have a 2005 Taurus SEL with ok leather, or a 2005 SE with 68k with pristine tan cloth... which should I choose?

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts

There is something funny in the fact that a Taurus addict bought a car from pot addicts. :rofl:

(No offense)

Pristine cloth, pleather stinks. Especially when it's not vented.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good. Yeah this car is getting a complete overhaul.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Awesome to see!! Paul is back in a taurus!! ����

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is exciting to work on one again. Although it is hard going from my 2011 Fusion to this for several months. Less technology and very little power compared to what I am now spoiled with haha

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is true. It will get my chrome grille and centennials too for added fun. How freakin' exciting.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
Naah, bling it up with the other headlights. ;)

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah, junkyard set of centennials for the duration of my ownership. After all, it is a winter car.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
YAYYYYYY!

You gonna cut a hole in this one's head too? ;)

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
My trunk is getting holes drilled in it soon. :D

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No this will not be getting any mods for the most part. Definitely no sunroof and I doubt I'd put a spoiler on it. This thread is one to follow if you want to see a junkyard ready car resurrected and given new life, not one for mods. If anything, it will get some woodgrain to replace the scratched to hell bezel, an autodim mirror because why not, my old CD changer from my 2006, and a mach amp.

·
Registered
403 Posts
just curious why you're bothering with anything if it's just a winter beater? If you're going to ditch it after the winter, why not just leave it as is? I'd keep it running for the winter as cheaply and with as little work as possible... I give you kudos for choosing a winter car that is good in the snow though. :thumb: I've never seen a FWD car get through it as easily as my old Taurus did, although the Five is no slouch.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Nice car, how much was it? 2/3 cars I've had I've found joints in. So I guess I've got accustomed to the smell. '98 was the only car that didn't have one

1 - 20 of 67 Posts