Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford Taurus SEL
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks! I’m now ready to simply enjoy the car. It was a lot of work but I’m hoping it lasts for a long time.

Reactions: sheila

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford Taurus SEL
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So far so good. I have put 100 miles on the car. No sign of fluid leaks. The car tracks straight and is smooth. I’m very pleased with how it is running and driving. And it looks brand new which is even better considering these cars are basically non existent up here anymore. The occasional one I see is pretty tired out.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
So far so good. I have put 100 miles on the car. No sign of fluid leaks. The car tracks straight and is smooth. I’m very pleased with how it is running and driving. And it looks brand new which is even better considering these cars are basically non existent up here anymore. The occasional one I see is pretty tired out.
They certainly drive like nothing else. Something was lost after around 2010, where everything rides hard and "sporty", while the Taurus just glides along.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford Taurus SEL
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
They certainly drive like nothing else. Something was lost after around 2010, where everything rides hard and "sporty", while the Taurus just glides along.
Well with the suspension upgrades it certainly is a bit sportier than it was because of the stiffness. I couldn’t do the obnoxious amount of body roll that Ford thought was acceptable for the 2004-07 cars. And the cargo coils haven’t yet settled yet so it’s a touch bouncy in the back. But… it is smooth and happy. I absolutely love the car.

Reactions: ice445

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford Taurus SEL
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Not much to update on. Just under 85,000 miles. Another month of driving or so until it gets put up for the winter. Got all the door dings removed from the car. Been great so far.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts