Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok quick question. My passenger window in my 2002 Ford Taurus SEL will not operate. Is it possible there is a fuse for just that one window? If so, location please? What else could it be? Failed window crank? How do I check for a possible fix

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I would take the door panel off and try unplugging then reconnecting the motor. This always fixed mine on the '97. Might want to clean out the old grease and use some new dielectric grease in there.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I had this happen on my 97. some how it got bound up. I took the motor off to check it and when I put it back on it worked. I think that taking the window motor out allowed something to settle back into place. It was pretty easy 3 bolts and it pops off. That is after you get the door panel removed :lol2:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah same situation with mine, though my car is newer. I just took the motor out, and plugged it in and it worked nicely. I just cleaned up the ridges, and oiled up the window track and such just so it won't get stuck again. Should be a cheap easy fix for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts