Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP !!!!!!!
My passenger side seat belt will not retract it seems to be stuck :dunno: I have pulled on the belt but it well not budge :angryfire: ! Any ideas on how to fix this? Has anyone ever pulled this system apart ? thanks for any help :merc:

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (JohnINMASS @ Dec 28 2008, 03:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=687626
HELP !!!!!!!
My passenger side seat belt will not retract it seems to be stuck :dunno: I have pulled on the belt but it well not budge :angryfire: ! Any ideas on how to fix this? Has anyone ever pulled this system apart ? thanks for any help :merc:[/b]
I just had the same seat belt problem on my 2001 Taurus Sedan. The belt was twisted and was hanging on the guide at the top (inside the trim cover). I repaired it without the use of any tools. To expose the belt so you can untwist it. Pull up the back of the front door's plastic door sill trim. Use hands to pull it lose from clips. Then pull the pillar trim inward starting at the bottom. Grab and pull edges to get it loose. It helps to use some wood blocks to keep the trim pulled out while you straighten the belt. The twist may not be obvious. Try pulling the belt and retracting the belt until you can see the twist. Untwist the belt. Try retracting and extending a few times before you replace the cover.

dlamar

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (dlamar @ Mar 28 2009, 01:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713143
QUOTE (JohnINMASS @ Dec 28 2008, 03:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=687626
HELP !!!!!!!
My passenger side seat belt will not retract it seems to be stuck :dunno: I have pulled on the belt but it well not budge :angryfire: ! Any ideas on how to fix this? Has anyone ever pulled this system apart ? thanks for any help :merc:[/b]
I just had the same seat belt problem on my 2001 Taurus Sedan. The belt was twisted and was hanging on the guide at the top (inside the trim cover). I repaired it without the use of any tools. To expose the belt so you can untwist it. Pull up the back of the front door's plastic door sill trim. Use hands to pull it lose from clips. Then pull the pillar trim inward starting at the bottom. Grab and pull edges to get it loose. It helps to use some wood blocks to keep the trim pulled out while you straighten the belt. The twist may not be obvious. Try pulling the belt and retracting the belt until you can see the twist. Untwist the belt. Try retracting and extending a few times before you replace the cover.

dlamar
[/b][/quote]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts