Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side headlamp was broken and the bad thing is its retainer (headlamp bulb retainer 13N019) was melted. I have to buy a new retainer as well as a bulb, but it is hard to find this retainer. I called a ford dealer but no response yet. Does anyone have some suggestions to me?

Another problem is I found there is no enough space to install the easy broken bulb. Do I need to uninstall the whole headlamp first?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SOS!!!

I succesfully install the passenger side head lamp bulb and its retainer. But I found the driver side head lamp is not bringt at low beam, however, this driver side headlamp does bringt good at high beam.

What should I do?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only changed passenger side bulb without doing anying to the driver side headlamp.

What's the problem lies? :)

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Well, since you only changed the passenger side, my first guess would be that since the driver's side is original (im guessing on this), it's old and should be changed with the passenger side to have the same brightness. As you should know, bulbs get dimmer as time goes on until they finally need to be replaced. Try changing the driver's side with the same bulb type you did as the passenger side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Change the driver side bulb is the first step I could do. Thanks Firespirit

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I removed the driver side headlamp bulb this morning and found that one of the two filaments is broken. So I bought a new one and it works fine now:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts