Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a '98 Taurus SE that the passenger side window will not go up.

I pushed the button and the window went all the way down, but later when I went to roll it up - nothing.

The lights are on in the passenger button, but no power or movement.

I take it the window motor went bad??

Window regulator??

:dunno:

HELP!!

:noes:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Either regulator, motor, connection, switch. A simple way to test it is to push the up button with the door open, then slam the door while still pressing the button. If the window goes up, it is 99% the motor failed. This test is similar to tapping on a starter to get it to go one last time. Your window will probably work for a few days while until it hits the dead spot again.(I've got an extra month out of it) Remove the door panel and test for power at the motor while pressing the switch. Im sure somebody else on here will chime in with a wiring diagram. YOu could also go buy a Chilton's/Hayne's manual.
Welcome to the TCCA!! :tcca:
-bobby

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Push the up button and slam the door closed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU Everyone!!! :)

Pushed the up button while slamming the door and the window went right up!!!

:banana:

So, it needs a new motor, huh? :blink:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this a Ford trick to push the up button and slam the door, or does this work any pretty much any vehicle?

:p

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Works for any vehicle. The vibration from slamming / hitting the door helps the motor get past the bad spot in the windings that is preventing it from moving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a '98 Taurus SE that the passenger side window will not go up.

I pushed the button and the window went all the way down, but later when I went to roll it up - nothing.

The lights are on in the passenger button, but no power or movement.

I take it the window motor went bad??

Window regulator??

:dunno:

HELP!!

:noes:
Thank u so much

Im from Turkiye and u saved my car
Here all repair shops close coz of corona and 4 day lockdown. My 2 doors where open window i got mad. Then ur slam style worked perfect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts