Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, about a month ago I picked up a slight vibration while turning, time passed and it started popping while turning about a week ago. I just finished replacing the wheel bearing, lower ball joint, and axle (all these parts appeared to be bad, the wheel bearing was horrible. The vibration is exactly the same, but now it 'pops' in the right front above 15 mph. I know the tire is worn out, but not so bad (I would think) to cause me to feel like I'm driving a jackhammer.

Please help!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (the_intimidator_02 @ Mar 5 2009, 02:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705738
Have you checked your strut mounts, control arm bushings, etc?[/b]
I haven't checked the strut mounts, would that cause so much vibration? Its like driving a jackhammer at 40mph.

One more clue, I took a sweeping high speed left hand turn on my way to work, and to my amazement the vibration virtually disappeared. If it was there I couldn't tell.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (austex04 @ Mar 6 2009, 02:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706035
Sounds like you need a new axel on the pass side.[/b]
I just replaced the passenger side axle, ball joint, and wheel bearing. Whatever is making all the noise and causing all the vibration is rotating as well and causes the car to swing back and forth while the tire goes up & down. I even put on the spare tire to make sure I didn't break a wheel or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts