Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Taurus LX and noticed the passenger side floor is wet. Only in one spot not the whole carpet.
Also having problems with the A/C not blowing as cold as it should. System was just recharged last year.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Go to Topic Finder, scroll down to interior and look for wet floor topic.

Very common problem.

I have caulked around the a/c drain on at least 10 Tauri of friends/relatives to solve this problem.

A leaking rainhat can cause the problem too, but most cases are caused by the a/c drain. :)

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Water

I have a 2000 Taurus LX and noticed the passenger side floor is wet. Only in one spot not the whole carpet.
Also having problems with the A/C not blowing as cold as it should. System was just recharged last year.
Any suggestions?
I had water in the blower of my '01, and had drain not letting the water out. Separate problems.

1. Drain plugged caused A/C to blow cold than fade away in a few minutes to nothing. I think the condenser froze up but what do I know. Only a few drops draining out over time. I used a clear plastic tube, maybe 1/4" od and pushed it up the drain and around the bend and water came running out. No stuff, only clear water. No more problems for over a year. I think it was just stuck.

2. Water in blower and I took the blower out and salvaged it. Added a drain hole in the plastic motor cover. Found the cabin air filter wet. So I know this was outside water. Pic shows added rain hat extension Ford put on later cars. I got the rain hat extension from Pick A Part for ~$1.

Good Luck.

-chart-

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Blower Drains

Any suggestions?
And one more thing. Pic shows drains in the blower. This is dated '05.

My '01 did not have drains and the water got in the motor. I salvaged and put drains in mine. This blower is a spare from Pick A Part half price day, and from '03 Sable (44K) but is dated '05 so it is a Motorcraft replacement.

So, your motor may have drains, maybe not. You can look with only removing the shield. If it has no drains, good idea to drill a couple. :)

Just sharing.

-chart-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I will see if I can find the ac drain. I have looked under the hood but I think I am going to have to jack up the car. I will try that and let you know if it worked.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Thank you. I will see if I can find the ac drain. I have looked under the hood but I think I am going to have to jack up the car. I will try that and let you know if it worked.
Remove the right front tire, and fender liner. It is on the firewall down low. I used a section of plastic tubing like you would have in a fish tank and push it up and around the bend into the evaporator chamber.

A plugged drain will cause the air to start out cold and then fade away to no cool at all, even with the compressor running and lines cold.

-chart-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts