Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left passenger window wont work, i tried from driver door it makes single click when i press button but nothing happens. When i used switch on passenger door it did not click.
What wires i need to short on switch connector to see if it will work like that? I also tried connecting switch from right passenger door (that one working) it did not help. How i further check?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
^ My first thought.

Is the passenger switch illuminated? If not, the window lock may be off.

Do the rear windows work?

Sometimes, a nice hard slam of the door can get it back into action if the motor is seized/stuck or if there's a loose connection. If the window is not locked out, I'd remove the body panel and simply unplug/replug the window switch, then test. If you can hear clicking then and the glass is not moving, give the door a couple of nice hard slams to see if it frees up, then lube it up.

This procedure worked on a rear window in my old 2002 Taurus and it never gave me any problems again.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mine sometimes do that, the drivers door feeds all the other switches so I jiggle the wires in the door jam around or open and close the door a couple times and that seems to work for me. Another thing, do your lights on the ceiling work? Whenever my window switch isnt working at the same point my map lights wont come on.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
No, the child safety switch is on the door jam for the rear doors.
The window lock switch is the sideways switch just above the normal window switches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
crackhead
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing