Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger front seatbelt in my 99 Taurus has failed to retract itself into place after use. Its still got some pull left it in it but not enough to overcome the weight of the belt. Its not stuck just worn out. Is there a replacement part for this and is there a guide or writeup for this?

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
The passenger front seatbelt in my 99 Taurus has failed to retract itself into place after use. Its still got some pull left it in it but not enough to overcome the weight of the belt. Its not stuck just worn out. Is there a replacement part for this and is there a guide or writeup for this?
Mine were like that too in the Taurus, and now the ones in the Windstar are starting to do it as well. I don't know if there's a fix, but I guess you could go to a wreckers and pull a working one, two hex bolts, some trim panels and you're finished.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem is that its starting to not wind up by hand either and not providing adequate slack tension if there were collision.

Is it as simple as a junkyard pull because i have lots of low mile taurus at my local junkyard.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
The problem is that its starting to not wind up by hand either and not providing adequate slack tension if there were collision.

Is it as simple as a junkyard pull because i have lots of low mile taurus at my local junkyard.
I wondering if it's wear or dirt and crud that slows the thing down. I'm going to take mine apart before they get as bad as you describe, it sounds just like what I had with my Taurus before I got rid of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts