Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 SE with std heater controls. After a heater core swap (another thread...) I found that I pulled a vacuum line loose from somewhere way up under the dash and I can't find where it needs to plug into without bending my arm in directions that it is not intended to go. I have the glove box removed but still can't feel around up there to find it so I'd like to remove the passenger air bag in hopes that I can more easily see and fix it. I know there are some precautions when dealing with air bags such as obviously disconnecting the battery but I don't know if it is as simple and unplugging the electical connector and unbolting it from underneath. My question is can I easily remove the air bag for better access to the upper part of the heater plenum or am I better off pulling the dash back again like I did for the heater core replacement?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ran out to the parking lot passed all the smokers to take a look, lol. I see the vacuum harness plug you are talking about and the white hose is connected but I noticed something else. The hose I am referring to is a thin black hose that comes in through the firewall and on that vacuum plug there is a black hose connected to one side of it but not on the back side. I'm wondering if the lose black hose should be connected to the other side of that plug? I think there would be enough length for me to route it down there but will be close.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
lol.... a fix the car break.. sorry boss but if they can go out and smoke i can go and work on the car. If i fix the car i can be on time tomorrow and in a lot better mood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts