Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all

Y'all ain't gonna believe this :blink: , I threw a rod in my Taurus on the way to work yesterday. It bites, but what can I say, the motor had almost 280,000 miles on her and the fact that i was doing 100 :ph34r: on 75N didn't help. Oh well, all I can say is that it is a NASCAR moment. I plan on putting another motor in the car, but what I need from the folks in the SE chapter, to keep an eye out for a Duretec parts car. I am looking on EBAY and Craigslist, but y'all may see something out there in your travels.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

P.S. back to driving the truck

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Bummer man :( But 280K is a long run on a Duratec, and as I recall you said you brought that car back from the dead. Check this link for Duratecs listed near ya. Not sure you want to get one from a pick n pull, but I know there were 2 at the one I went to last week.

Car-part Duratec Engines near you

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I've got a Duratec and AX4N is good shape, if you're interested. Both have about 113K on them. The trans is in great shape. The engine probably needs to have the oil pan gasket replaced, but is in great shape otherwise.

JR

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Not in the souteast, but a yard I've had a really good time dealing with is Shorty's Auto Parts in King of Prussia, PA. I don't know what you can find around Atlanta, but they offered me a complete Vulcan shipped for $400, with a 60-day guarantee.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Shorty's is really good. I've been to their yard several times, and they've got GREAT prices. I walked out of there with a set of Gen I SHO sway bars (24/26mm) for $10.

Like I said, though, I've got a Duratec parts car for sale.

JR

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have spoken with Nick a few times and have posted in facebook the motor and donor car that I had. I have the new motor in my garage and no time right now to do it.(I'm sure the hot weather isn't helping) I am optimistic that when the weather cools, I will perform the exchange. Would like to keep the car afterwords because I like Tauruses and I have modded this one, but economics will be the final factor.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts