Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
41 - 60 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Paul,

I am looking for two (2) Gen3 SHO front strut tower braces. Please provide price and availability. Thanks. SJP

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ May 19 2010, 01:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805364
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 17 2010, 06:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=804971
PM me re: all of the mounting hardware from the rear brakes- the nuts/bolts/etc. that I'd need to do a Gen 4 drum-to-disc conversion. :x:[/b]

I'm not sure of what all you need?
[/b][/quote]

I'm doing a drum to disc conversion, and I have all the parts lined up- calipers, rotors, pads, hubs, backplates, knuckles, lines and parking brake cables- but not the hardware to mount it. :) If it's easier for me to come take the parts off in person, that would be good, too.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 19 2010, 06:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805485
PM me re: all of the mounting hardware from the rear brakes- the nuts/bolts/etc. that I'd need to do a Gen 4 drum-to-disc conversion. :x:[/b]
Don't forget ABS if you need it.

[/b][/quote]

I'm doing a drum to disc conversion, and I have all the parts lined up- calipers, rotors, pads, hubs, backplates, knuckles, lines and parking brake cables- but not the hardware to mount it. :) If it's easier for me to come take the parts off in person, that would be good, too.
[/b][/quote]

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ May 19 2010, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805360
I posted the price for the side skirts.

I really don't want to PM prices because I may get confused on what I have told someone. So all questions about price will be posted in the thread.[/b]
My bad, didn't see it, it's what happens when I post on my lunch break :lol:

I'll take them if the previous person doesn't want them :)

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ May 19 2010, 08:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805500
Don't forget ABS if you need it.[/b]
OK, I'd like to get the ABS sensors, and to harvest the bolts that attach the calipers, knuckles, and brake lines for a rear disc setup.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello sir,
I WILL CERTAINLY take the 2 front strut assemblies from you. please inform me when you are ready to let them go. I got the money set aside.
I believe the Gen 3 strut tower brace also fit gen 4? if so, please inform me about the price.
I will also take the dual piston PBR front brakes and hoses if 1. no one's in front of me, 2. they are direct bolt on to Gen 4 spindles. what rotors do they use by the way, 11.6 or 12 inch?

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
QUOTE (chrismiller21 @ May 19 2010, 03:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805446
If CF hood is in good condition, I will come pick it Saturday. Let me know.[/b]

I'll be here Saturday if you want to come pick it up & help me put the old hood back on. The CF hood has some minor clearcoat wear on the edges.

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
QUOTE (VashThestanbeto @ May 19 2010, 10:57 PM)
Hello sir,
I WILL CERTAINLY take the 2 front strut assemblies from you. please inform me when you are ready to let them go. I got the money set aside.
I believe the Gen 3 strut tower brace also fit gen 4? if so, please inform me about the price.
I will also take the dual piston PBR front brakes and hoses if 1. no one's in front of me, 2. they are direct bolt on to Gen 4 spindles. what rotors do they use by the way, 11.6 or 12 inch?[/b]
Several people have asked about the Cobras but no one has said they want them positively. They use the stock 11.6" rotors. SOLD

The strut tower brace will probably go on eBay unless I get a good enough offer. It is fully adjustable on the drivers side. SOLD

The two front strut assemblies will come out with the engine sometime this summer. SOLD

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ May 20 2010, 10:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805592
QUOTE (chrismiller21 @ May 19 2010, 03:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805446
If CF hood is in good condition, I will come pick it Saturday. Let me know.[/b]

I'll be here Saturday if you want to come pick it up & help me put the old hood back on. The CF hood has some minor clearcoat wear on the edges.
[/b][/quote]

pm me your addy and contact info. I will be there at 3Pm your time. I work until 2:30am Friday and like my sleep lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Paul,

I think that I was the first to inquire about the FSTB. What are you looking to get for the strut tower brace? PM if you want.

Does the cobra brake set up fit with 16 inch wheels (would need to include the modified brackets)? Thanks. SJP

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for your speedy reply!
About the brakes,I see, but since they asked ahead of me I will wait to make sure they don't want it first.

a few quick questions about the front struts, if you don't mind, just to get a idea of what I am getting:

since the insert is Koni, is it adjustable for dampening? if so, what's the stiffest dampening rate available? if not, what's the fixed dampening rate? I'd like it set it stiffest at first and maybe soften up from there when they are on my car.

are the struts and/or springs worn by any means? I understand that Koni and eibach products are both very tough and are meant to be driven hard, just wish that they aren't overly abused.

Don't worry I am not trying to walk away from it- eibach spring+koni struts are the perfect combination in my opinion and I'd love to get it no mater what.

I appreciate your time and effort in answering my questions, thanks!

QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ May 20 2010, 08:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805597
QUOTE (VashThestanbeto @ May 19 2010, 10:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805547
Hello sir,
I will also take the dual piston PBR front brakes and hoses if 1. no one's in front of me, 2. they are direct bolt on to Gen 4 spindles. what rotors do they use by the way, 11.6 or 12 inch?[/b]
Several people have asked about the Cobras but no one has said they want them positively. They use the stock 11.6" rotors.

The strut tower brace will probably go on eBay unless I get a good enough offer. It is fully adjustable on the drivers side.

The two front strut assemblies will come out with the engine sometime this summer.
[/b][/quote]

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello Brian!

I've just done this very same swap and based on my experience:
1. you can use the drum attachment bolts you removed for backing plate attachments, they are the same.

2.what you will need, or rather say what problem you will likely run into, is that you will have to source out the 4 bolts(2 per side) that hold the caliper bracket to the spindle. The Reman calipers are meant for stock replacement and don't come with those 4 bolts since they are not considered wear and tear items. I had to special order them from a dealership and wait a couple days. I suggest that if possible, get them on hand before the job starts so you won't be stranded.

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 19 2010, 07:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805485

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Hey Paul, the best way to get the parts for the rear disc swap is to just pull the knuckle, remove brake lines, and unplug the ABS sensors where they connect to the body harness. Leave everything intact so you don't have to fight with the ABS sensors.

Remove rotors if you want to save weight.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ May 20 2010, 07:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805690
Hey Paul, the best way to get the parts for the rear disc swap is to just pull the knuckle, remove brake lines, and unplug the ABS sensors where they connect to the body harness. Leave everything intact so you don't have to fight with the ABS sensors.

Remove rotors if you want to save weight.[/b]
Got the Gen 3 SHO knuckles I found on eBay today; I'm gonna hit up a junkyard this weekend to see about Vashthestanbeto's suggestion re: the hardware. If I come up empty, then I'd like to get both backing plates, both ABS sensors, and the four caliper bracket-to-knuckle bolts. :x:

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I have two brand new still in the box front knuckles too..... SOLD

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
QUOTE (SJP @ May 20 2010, 04:08 PM)
Paul,

I think that I was the first to inquire about the FSTB. What are you looking to get for the strut tower brace? PM if you want.

Does the cobra brake set up fit with 16 inch wheels (would need to include the modified brackets)? Thanks. SJP[/b]
The FSTB I have is the grand daddy of all the others since as far as I know. It was originally from SHO Shop back when they only over charged people and not directly rip them off.

Originally not adjustable but when I lowered my car I needed to get some way of adjustment. I got a large fine threaded eye bolt, cut off the drivers end and welded a nut inside the hollow bar. That on top of the rarity of the item in the first place would make an interesting auction.

SOLD

41 - 60 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.