Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Sable LS Wagon, wrecked on the left side from the driver's door back to the tail light. The car has 155K on it. Lots of good parts: Interior trim, switches, power seat, power door locks and a couple of window motors, engine, 15 X 6 basket weave wheels, outside mirrors, to name a few.

Ask, there may be a part for you're lookin' for.

Sable Parts Gen 1:

Power Seat Controls and Trim $20

Set of outside mirrors, $12

Other Parts (not Taurus or Sable):

Rear Brake Shoes For Merkur XR4Ti, (2) sets, new in the box, $10 each.

Porsche PCA club magazines (and some other Porsche literature), all 1980's stuff, whole box of them, $10

Prices do not include shipping. Shipping only in the USA.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
How's the dashboard?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dash has a crack in the vinyl, front to back on top, about the middle. Otherwise it's good.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Can you grab a picture of it? Does the rest of the dash pad feel OK or is it dried out? I'm looking for an 86-89 Sable or Taurus dashboard for my 87 Taurus.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Cool thanks for the picture. I need to check and see if yard up the road has a part that will complete this setup. I'll get back to you tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I relooked at the dash and the vinyl is pretty embrittled. I wasn't going to list it for sale. I still have a complete set of switches, hardware, etc..

I started taking the dash out in order to get to the heater/ac distribution box to get it out. I'm going to test it and maybe sell that. I'm sure the evaporator is okay. The A/C was working when I got the car.

The dash vents, panel faces, etc. are good to very good.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Ah it is? Bummer :\ Maybe I could check the items out on Saturday?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bull Geek: I may have to go to Columbia on Sat. to do an info grab on some production equipment. Just got a call from the plant eng'r.

I'll let you know by tomorrow (Fri).

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
OK no problem.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
B.G.:

Yes, Sat. will be fine to look at the Sable, if you want. (I arranged to go to Cola today, instead of Sat..)

I plan on selling off or storing the good parts and then selling the body to the highest scrap buyer.

See ya'll at LKQ, 10:00 am, unless I read otherwise.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Awesome! Look forward to meeting you tmrw AM and I'll guess I'll check out the car when I head back down? Or I can meet you wherever the car is and check it out before hand...we can caravan over to the LKQ place...as I believe I saw you are off of 385? Feel free to email me... nick 9 8 (6) @ gmail (dot) (com) we can work it out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
SOLD Off Of '86 Sable Wagon:

-HVAC Box & ducts
-(4) Power door lock actuators
-Door switch trim panels (4)
-Front Seat Belts
-Front interior moulding trim
-Instument panel
-Power window and door lock switches
-Power antenna and switch/panel
-Instrument panel wiring harness
-Radiator Fan Assembly
-Knock Sensor
-Sunvisors
-Right front door latch
-Alternator

For Sale:

-Front seats for parts only, drivers is all power, passenger has power lumbar. Everything works, switches, motors, etc.. Seats need recovering and one seat floor mount is broken. $20
-Folddown third seat for a Wagon. Tan vinyl. Looks very good. $20.
-Power window motor from driver's side. $10
-EEC-IV control module $20
-Wiper motor (fits Sable only) $10
-Front sway bar $6
-(4) Basket weave/lace OEM alloy wheels, (metal dealers are paying up to $15 each right now) $60

Still some parts left.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
joeasheville,

Sorry, I haven't been watching this thread.

The front sway bar is 23mm dia.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For Sale: Injector/TPS wire harness from a 1986 Sable 3.0 Vulchure (sic). A little stiff here and there, but it worked well last time the engine was run. No cracks. $10 plus shippin' from the Upcountry, S.C..

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
S C r a p P E D

No Longer available.

The only thing left is the owners' manual stuff, and a bare spot in the yard.

Edit: 21Aug2011:

Now that my yard is cleaned up, and the bare spot re-seeded, I'm gonna try out fer the "Trailer Park Yard-of-the-Month" award in the single-wide class.;)

However, everyone now think I'm poor now, 'cuz I ain't got no car jacked up in the front yard.:(

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
WOW!

I scrapped the Sable too quickly. Found a dude this week paying $600 per junk car and free pick-up!

No wonder there are so many news articles on stolen electric wire, and stolen fence gates, and stolen anything that's metal.

Incredible.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
SIX HUNDRED.

Dang it! I got hosed.

Hahah, go for the blue ribbon award Barkentine...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts